The Target going in at the inner belt is the largest in the entire area. I presume the grocery section will be equally as large? Should be interesting how Target and Dierbergs 'fight it out' in that area/
I'm still flabbergasted that HV Target is anywhere within sniffing distance of Brentwood's.
As someone else mentioned, it's more impressive that Hampton Village sales are what they are despite no alcohol section.
Both Promenade and HV are in the top 20 percent nationally in traffic. Placer doesn't necessarily equate traffic to sales perfectly, especially when talking about stores like IKEA where the average sales ticket can vary dramatically. So there certainly are times when the traffic is great but the sales aren't as strong and vice versa. It becomes less of a gap when it's talking about stores where the average sales ticket is pretty consistent over time like grocery stores, Dollar Tree, etc.
Any way you slice it, Placer's data is a fascinating and valuable tool.
Both Promenade and HV are in the top 20 percent nationally in traffic. Placer doesn't necessarily equate traffic to sales perfectly, especially when talking about stores like IKEA where the average sales ticket can vary dramatically. So there certainly are times when the traffic is great but the sales aren't as strong and vice versa. It becomes less of a gap when it's talking about stores where the average sales ticket is pretty consistent over time like grocery stores, Dollar Tree, etc.
Any way you slice it, Placer's data is a fascinating and valuable tool.
Density (even SW city density) is good for people and business alike, it seems!
I’m shocked the HV Target doesn’t sell alcohol. The Grand store does.
The inner ring NW corridor is definitely the most populated area/income demos without a target right now, so I think the U City one will do wellBarryGlick wrote: ↑6:36 PM - Feb 17The Target going in at the inner belt is the largest in the entire area. I presume the grocery section will be equally as large? Should be interesting how Target and Dierbergs 'fight it out' in that area/
It's not because they don't want to. It's due to a bizarre restriction based on the development agreement they share with the other properties at the intersection - Schnucks, Walgreens, etc.TheWayoftheArch_V2.0 wrote: ↑6:53 PM - Feb 19I’m shocked the HV Target doesn’t sell alcohol. The Grand store does.
I went to the community meetings when Target was needing variances to rebuild the one Hampton. As usual the neighbors were trying to fight the larger store saying it would not succeed in that area (it was going to be the second or third of the larger formats locally) Target officials stated that there was more buying power within a couple of miles of Hampton Village than there was within five miles of the Town and Country store they were building at the same time.
Remember that NIMBYs also killed a Target back at McKnight and Manchester in Rock Hill. A friend lived right behind where it would have been built and went to the meetings. Yes, multiple people expressed concerns about liquor sales.
Has IKEA ever looked into selling, leasing, or otherwise developing some of its expansive parking lots that they pay taxes on and maintain but gain absolutely no benefit from?
Sent from my SM-S936U using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-S936U using Tapatalk
But they do benefit from them. The availability of plentiful, free parking is one of the things that keeps customers coming back. I realize that that doesn't fit the vision of an Urban Utopia that so many of us dream about; but that's the reality we live in.
Here in reality, they could cut their surface lot in half and still have more than enough free parking for their busiest day. And lets also not ignore the needless green space they frame the parking lot with. It's 2026 not 1996.framer wrote:But they do benefit from them. The availability of plentiful, free parking is one of the things that keeps customers coming back. I realize that that doesn't fit the vision of an Urban Utopia that so many of us dream about; but that's the reality we live in.
This is the problem- I'm not asking for urbanist utopia, I'm asking for the basic market capitalist principles of balancing supply and demand with the goal of maximizing profit. It doesn't take a genius to realize vacant parking space doesn't adhere to those principles at all.
Sent from my SM-S936U using Tapatalk
IKEA is certainly overparked. People forget there is tons of parking under the building too.
Does IKEA own the lot immediately to the west or is that Cortex’s lot?
Does IKEA own the lot immediately to the west or is that Cortex’s lot?
I believe they are following code. Each store has to have a certain amount of parking (look at all big box stores) by the amount of space the building maintains.
I’m sure they do market analysis for parking as well. And because 75% of the region are fat, lazy rubes who demand overparked shopping centers, this is what we get.
A company code or a city code?matguy70 wrote:I believe they are following code. Each store has to have a certain amount of parking (look at all big box stores) by the amount of space the building maintains.
Sent from my SM-S936U using Tapatalk
They do not. But no idea who this owner is.JaneJacobsGhost wrote: ↑3:24 PM - 3 days agoDoes IKEA own the lot immediately to the west or is that Cortex’s lot?
That’s the lot to the East. Pretty sure the foundry developer owns it. I’m talking about the huge lot to the west next to the grain elevator. I tried using the city’s parcel search but the address didn’t turn up results
I saw a guy doing donuts in this parking lot yesterday in the middle of the day. Trash behavior but adds to the justification to get rid of a bunch of that parking lot
Seonded. You can see the donut and burnout marks clearly from google earth. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that lot being utilized









