2,961
Life MemberLife Member

Post9:23 PM - Aug 26#676

Actually, we have pretty definitive proof that the last remaining F-14s were destroyed on the ground. I agree that we have our own propaganda. And in merging our thoughts, I believe we did take out their nuclear capabilities with the "Midnight Hammer" B-2 attacks last year, which also means the current claims that we went in to stop their nuclear ambitions are bullcrap, upon which we are in agreement. 

We are deviating far from the topic... 

1,062
Expert MemberExpert Member

Post9:53 PM - Aug 26#677

And of course over in real life, there was never a nuclear threat in the first place. At least not from Iran.

Sent from my SM-S936U using Tapatalk



601
Senior MemberSenior Member

Post4:46 PM - Aug 28#678


13K
Life MemberLife Member

Post11:32 PM - Aug 28#679

^What the Eye-Popping $131B F-15 Contract May Mean For the Air Force

483
Full MemberFull Member

Post7:45 PM - Sep 10#680

Does anyone know if Boeing has any real chance to win the next big Navy Fighter Contract?  This would be huge for STL.  

https://www.reuters.com/world/us-navys-next-generation-fighter-decision-be-unveiled-soon-sources-say-2026-09-08/

2,948
Life MemberLife Member

Post8:09 PM - Sep 10#681

It'll be Boeing or Northrop based on reports. 

2,961
Life MemberLife Member

Post2:44 PM - Sep 11#682

@courtland Keep your eyes out for an announcement on the F/A-XX by the end of September. The federal government's fiscal year ends on 9/30, including DoD, which makes the next 3 weeks paramount to awarding this contract. I have reason to believe Boeing is a very serious contender to win, which would see both the USAF's F-47 and the Navy's F/A-XX being built in STL. Fingers crossed... 

483
Full MemberFull Member

Post3:14 PM - Sep 11#683

Thanks, GC! 

614
Senior MemberSenior Member

Post11:13 PM - Sep 11#684

Sounds super exciting fingers crosse….


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4,097
Life MemberLife Member

Post4:25 AM - Sep 12#685

addxb2 wrote: ↑
8:09 PM - Sep 10
It'll be Boeing or Northrop based on reports. 
Has Northrop won anything lately. I always thought the Feds likes to spread wealth around and Boeing has had a lot of wins lately. 

6,231
Life MemberLife Member

Post3:48 PM - Sep 13#686

^The B-21 Raider contract was a pretty big Northrup Grumman win.

2,948
Life MemberLife Member

Post8:57 PM - Sep 15#687

Boeing secured the Navy contract. Will be made in St. Louis, specifically, Mid-America Airport.

756
Super MemberSuper Member

Post9:07 PM - Sep 15#688

^ F/A-XX contract? I'm not seeing any news.

2,948
Life MemberLife Member

Post9:11 PM - Sep 15#689

No, sorry, MQ-25 refueling drones for the Navy.

756
Super MemberSuper Member

Post9:26 PM - Sep 15#690

Gotcha, I should have realized that as the F/A-XX would never be built at BLV.

1,062
Expert MemberExpert Member

Post9:32 PM - Sep 15#691

https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news/2026/09/15/boeing-secures-navy-contract-mq-25-refueling.html

It's a $562 million contract for 3 drones💀

At least work at Mid America is preferable over work at Lambert.

Sent from my SM-S936U using Tapatalk


6,231
Life MemberLife Member

Post3:25 AM - Sep 16#692

^That's just a small part of the larger program; the order for the initial move to low rate production, and I think BJ likely has it wrong anyway. Per navair.navy.mil, it's for four at $805 M, and it will ultimately be for dozens so long as it isn't cancelled. The navy needs a lot more than four tankers. Neither the Superhornet nor the Lightning II has legs worth discussing. The Navy doesn't like getting outranged. It's happened before, but it's been a minute. They're talking about having several MQ-25s routinely accompanying strike missions. If every carrier air group has a half dozen of the things or so that'd be fifty four of the things, plus some spares for training, maintenance, and replacements, so eighty odd seems like a safe minimum. And if you get foreign orders it could well go higher. It's a pretty specialized aircraft, but it's not going to be something so precious as a stealth bomber. Boeing will make the thing in fairly significant numbers.

123
Junior MemberJunior Member

Post9:54 PM - Sep 29#693

Boeing lands contract to build 'next-gen' Navy fighter, Schmitt says, lauds St. Louis role

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/business/article_2c6a5017-17df-4f3b-b8a0-bac4cb28bed0.html

7,952
Life MemberLife Member

Post10:40 PM - Sep 29#694


2,948
Life MemberLife Member

Post11:36 PM - Sep 29#695

They will need a workforce development campaign that pulls from outside the region. 

 

6,231
Life MemberLife Member

Post4:51 AM - Sep 30#696

It's a pretty good problem to have. I wish them luck. The Navy has, I believe, been flying St. Louis jets continuously since the FH Phantom I in 1947. (Incidentally, the Navy's first carrier based jet.) It's a part of a great tradition.

3,857
Life MemberLife Member

Post1:50 PM - Sep 30#697

If I'm not mistaken, I heard on Fox 2 this morning that the program could create 7K new jobs. Anyone heard numbers like that? If so, that is amazing news for the region. I would assume there will be many more jobs created from the other programs, suppliers & companies servicing this massive operation. 

601
Senior MemberSenior Member

Post3:21 PM - Sep 30#698

Even among the people in this forum who follow local news more than most, I'm not sure how much we all realize how big a run Boeing is on.  

the new AF fighter and now the Navy win?

That's literally thousands and thousands of jobs  - high paying middle class jobs - in STL for decades. 

I clearly remember the *enormous* local handwringing in the press when McDonnell Douglas lost the JSF in 1996.  To my much-younger brain, it seemed like STL was doomed.  yet, here we are 30 years later....

1,062
Expert MemberExpert Member

Post4:13 PM - Sep 30#699

soulardx wrote:Even among the people in this forum who follow local news more than most, I'm not sure how much we all realize how big a run Boeing is on.  

the new AF fighter and now the Navy win?

That's literally thousands and thousands of jobs  - high paying middle class jobs - in STL for decades. 

I clearly remember the *enormous* local handwringing in the press when McDonnell Douglas lost the JSF in 1996.  To my much-younger brain, it seemed like STL was doomed.  yet, here we are 30 years later....
You just weren't fully informed on the complete fiscal and capital backing the military industrial complex has. The government will never let Boeing Defense down.

Sent from my SM-S936U using Tapatalk


8,942
Life MemberLife Member

Post4:34 PM - Sep 30#700

Boeing StL has been on fire this year. Its been fun talking to all my Boeing friends recently and seeing all the hype videos Boeing has been posting. 

Moving forward though I have strong reservations about our ability to compete globally given our loss of hegemony and our clear inability to sustain prolonged combat operations. I'm afraid our only way to succeed moving forward is to bring our defense contractors under partial government partnership. We simply have no way to ramp up production for modern prolonged warfare.  And how much longer should our planes require a pilot?  And with the success of all types of drones, can we compete with an adversary able to reliably produce nearly 10mil FPV drones per year and 50k attack drones per year?

Read more posts (27 remaining)