Boyle/Sarah Metrolink Station

All the ways we move people and things: trains, planes, automobiles, biking, walking, etc.
First unread post185 posts
I wonder if having the rails run into a pole for the overhead wires will cause any delays for the eastbound track? :? :?
^Well that’s unfortunate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WashU reported on Friday that “construction of the new Boyle/Cortex Metrolink station should be finished by June.”

So, good news, despite what looked like a little planning snafu.

I assume after construction is complete there still may be a week or two of testing prior to a public opening. Hopefully it’s all up and running in time for Fair St. Louis - usually one of the busiest (if not the busiest) Metrolink ridership periods of the year.
While amusing, I wouldn't call it a snafu. From my understanding, the practice of "sliding" tracks side to side is pretty standard. You can see how close it is to the existing tracks, I'm guessing that that was as close as they could get.
Can't wait for it to open... this summer would be fantastic. And I'm keen on seeing how many residents of FPSE & CWE use the station to reach non-Cortex area destinations. (Again, it's about 2,500' to both Manchester& Boyle and Lindell & Boyle.)
STLrainbow wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 11:22 am
Can't wait for it to open... this summer would be fantastic. And I'm keen on seeing how many residents of FPSE & CWE use the station to reach non-Cortex area destinations. (Again, it's about 2,500' to both Manchester& Boyle and Lindell & Boyle.)
0.58 mile to Sarah & Manchester
0.51 mile to Boyle & Manchester
The 10 minute walk down to Just John might make the trip a little more enticing now.
aprice wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 9:40 am
While amusing, I wouldn't call it a snafu. From my understanding, the practice of "sliding" tracks side to side is pretty standard. You can see how close it is to the existing tracks, I'm guessing that that was as close as they could get.
Agreed. I suspect they will line it up where it's supposed to be when it comes time to do the tie in. Still, fun to laugh at now.
Metro trains are rolling through Cortex station now in both directions.

Station looks great. Thanks for the update.

Hopefully things move quickly on the landscaping/access path side.
This summer.
wabash wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:40 am
Station looks great. Thanks for the update.

Hopefully things move quickly on the landscaping/access path side.