Construction and Tower Cranes [Photos, Sightings]

New and changing stores, restaurants, and businesses in the City of St. Louis
^ driving westbound on 40/64 is pretty cool; great views by the IKEA too with the 100 crane; if Koman gets that Cortex building right by the highway that will be really an eye-opener for folks passing through. Anyway, I think that drive separates significantly denser Saint Louis from pretenders like Nashville and Indy.

btw, are you back living in Saint Louis or just visiting?
STLrainbow wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:19 pm
^ driving westbound on 40/64 is pretty cool; great views by the IKEA too with the 100 crane; if Koman gets that Cortex building right by the highway that will be really an eye-opener for folks passing through. Anyway, I think that drive separates significantly denser Saint Louis from pretenders like Nashville and Indy.

btw, are you back living in Saint Louis or just visiting?
I'm actually interning in Cortex this summer, so yes* for a few more weeks. I visit very frequently, however.
It's great seeing The One Hundred crane from all the various points around town, and knowing that the actual tower will be some 100 feet taller than the crane itself.

BTW, I was on the 10th floor of BJC's Center for Advanced Medicine recently, and I gotta say, it's a great view from up there. The view north down Euclid towards the CWE looks great, especially with the addition of One Hundred's crane.
STLrainbow wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:19 pm
^ driving westbound on 40/64 is pretty cool; great views by the IKEA too with the 100 crane; if Koman gets that Cortex building right by the highway that will be really an eye-opener for folks passing through.
Are you referring to this proposal?

If 300 S Broadway gets going as well then STL will have more cranes than any other time that I can remember.

https://nextstl.com/2018/04/city-foundr ... -phase-ii/

^An acquaintance from Austin has seemed hell bent on humbling my bit of craneish glee, but . . . what are we up to right now? Nine? One at Centene, down to two at Wash U, one for 100, two for SLU, and three for BPV? Am I missing anything? I don't really expect that the apartments on Grand near Magnolia will require one. Nor anything I can think of right now in CWE apart from 100. If Barnes gets moving on their Queeny demo the new structure will require at least one, and maybe two depending on what they plan, but . . . I like Queeny. It will make me sad.

On the other hand, with the phased way things are going we could end up hovering pretty close to this level for a while. Maybe. With luck.
I believe the crane is still up at the First Bank renovation on North Meramec in Clayton.

300 South Broadway will certainly need one (assuming it's a go). Also the Forsyth/Brentwood apartment tower. And the new hotel next to the Clayton Police HQ (ten stories). Maybe the Element Hotel on Forest Park Blvd. near SLU (seven stories) and the AC hotel on York (seven stories).
- The Sarah and Manchester Office building has a ground breaking on September 1. Its 7 stories tall.
- If Foundry Phase II gets a go.
^Completely forgot the Clayton bank reskin. Might have blocked it out of trauma. ;-)

The other projects make it sound hopeful that things will stay busy for a while.