Missouri's HIstoric Tax Credit

What's happening in our built environment.
Stltoday - Editorial: Proposed cuts to program would hamper fight against blight

http://www.stltoday.com/opinion/editori ... c63a9.html
Business Journal this week has an editorial that I think makes a great point that if we are capping the credits then the state should eliminate their use on private homes. Recent uses have included Compton Heights, Portland & Westmorland Places and Clayton.
southcitygent wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:25 am
Business Journal this week has an editorial that I think makes a great point that if we are capping the credits then the state should eliminate their use on private homes. Recent uses have included Compton Heights, Portland & Westmorland Places and Clayton.
I believe the bills moving through the legislature would prohibit their use on single family residences.
Not sure if I agree that this is good. S elms like we might see a significant down tick in the rehabilitation of historic neighborhoods. I could see a restriction on single family above a certain value, or a restriction per family per acre since a renovated mansion on a 5 acre lot does little to stimulate anything but the owners net worth.