Ballpark Village

Downtown construction activity, including hotel projects, major renovations, office projects, streetscape improvements, etc.
First unread post3408 posts
Hmmm...What's that mystery tower on the skyline tucked behind the apartment tower?

^That’s come up before. It’s the Westin Peachtree Plaza in Atlanta standing in for the Millennium Hotel tower.

I really hope the new hotel is glazed white brick. That would look fantastic. Kinda hard to tell what the material is from the new rendering.
wabash wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:33 pm
I really hope the new hotel is glazed white brick. That would look fantastic. Kinda hard to tell what the material is from the new rendering.
For some reason, that's been an assumption of mine for awhile, not sure if I got that idea from a more close-up render. I would be pretty disappointed if it was concrete panels.

Edit: this Rendering definitely shows some kind of Masonry pattern, which I will be quite excited for.
hoffa270 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:38 am
Chalupas54 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:59 pm
^^^

Would be nice if someone would post these pictures over on KCRag, considering they do that all the time here.
I Tried to do just that i registered 3 weeks ago and my account still has not been activated. smh
KCRag intentionally does not activate accounts that they can trace to UrbanSTL.
Let's not worry about KCRag. They can do them, we can do us.
they did not let me register my name either a few months ago and still waiting. I wanted to participate... not interrogate. I also have given up and not registering an "alias" name to use there. oh well.
Anyone been to any games lately? I'd love to see some shots from inside the stadium.
I’m going to the game tomorrow night. I always get pics of the site while I’m at the stadium.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Chalupas54 wrote:KCRag intentionally does not activate accounts that they can trace to UrbanSTL.
False!

Read this: http://kcrag.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=19140 or PM me here with a username you've tried to register over there to get activated. I already tried to activate everyone who complained, but the only username that matched anything in my database was hoffa270 (which is, of course, now activated).

Love Ya,
Your Friendly Cross-State Metro Forum Administrator
mean

P.S.: In the interest of not continuing to post off-topic crap in the BPV thread, please direct any further interactions on this topic to PM.
From Kelly Thomas (@kthomas314) on Twitter. The crane for One Cardinal Way really makes an impact.

Regarding the exterior material of the hotel, does anyone remember the brouhaha over the brick on the Adams Mark (currently the Hyatt riverfront)? Fred Kummer insisted that using brick was so cost prohibitive that he couldn't economicly build the hotel. He wanted to use cheap stucco panels until the city held its ground. Can't imagine how poorly that building would have fared over the past 35 years if he had gotten his way.
framer wrote:Anyone been to any games lately? I'd love to see some shots from inside the stadium.
Here is a photo from last night's ballgame.

The material that will be used on the hotel is a brick precast panel, the color will be a warm cream color. The office will be the same brick face precast panel except the color is red trim with charcoal color brick face.
Thanks for the pics guys! And I like how you can just see the top of the Stan Span through the concrete canyon in Chris's last pic.

Anyone have a pic of all the cranes on the site? 3 now, correct?
pdm_ad wrote:Thanks for the pics guys! And I like how you can just see the top of the Stan Span through the concrete canyon in Chris's last pic.

Anyone have a pic of all the cranes on the site? 3 now, correct?
I tried taking two photos from Twitter (Kelly Thomas) and stitching them together. The best view to see all three is from the Federal Building.

It’s crummy but I’ll be Downtown Tuesday to do a project update and take a nice panorama of the site with all three.
southcitygent wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:34 am
Regarding the exterior material of the hotel, does anyone remember the brouhaha over the brick on the Adams Mark (currently the Hyatt riverfront)? Fred Kummer insisted that using brick was so cost prohibitive that he couldn't economicly build the hotel. He wanted to use cheap stucco panels until the city held its ground. Can't imagine how poorly that building would have fared over the past 35 years if he had gotten his way.
Yeah, I remember all of that. Kummer actually tried to compare his building with the 70-story ultra-modern glass cylinder in Atlanta (don't remember the name at the time). The local AIA made the rare public statement criticizing the design of a local firm.

The hotel did improve, but it's still a far cry from a truly landmark structure which such a prominent site deserved.
Here is one from the top of the Arch.

Another one, had a work even at 360 yesterday and snatched a couple
https://imgur.com/a/ydY6WIv
^^ Too bad Koman didn't snag an anchor tenant for Cupple X. Otherwise, I believe Chris might have bagged 4 cranes in the photo from top of the Arch
dredger wrote:^^ Too bad Koman didn't snag an anchor tenant for Cupple X. Otherwise, I believe Chris might have bagged 4 cranes in the photo from top of the Arch
I don’t think Cupples X would’ve warranted a tower crane. But on the bright side, if 300 South Broadway starts, the One Cardinal Way Crane and that Crane will be up at the same time.
dredger wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:23 pm
^^ Too bad Koman didn't snag an anchor tenant for Cupple X. Otherwise, I believe Chris might have bagged 4 cranes in the photo from top of the Arch
I thought the reason Cupples X didn't happen was because of the public pushback on tax subsidy?
^ My understanding was that they didn't get the anchor tenant commitment and thus pulled the request for incentives before a vote to be had. No doubt some pushback on incentives but has the city really said no as of late. Ballpark Village phase II is loaded with incentives and sure they will come back for more if the can find a tenant for another building or two.
framer wrote:Anyone been to any games lately? I'd love to see some shots from inside the stadium.

I know this has more to do with 300 S. Broadway, but these renderings show One Cardinal Way as well if anyone hasn't seen these in the 300 S. Broadway forum.

Shared by chriss752 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:08 pm

HDA posted these new renderings today on Facebook. These are the first official renderings showing One Cardinal Way and 300 South Broadway together and the skyline view. There is also another showing the 16th floor terrace.

From Saturday, July 28