Ballpark Village

Downtown construction activity, including hotel projects, major renovations, office projects, streetscape improvements, etc.
First unread post3373 posts
Because I was curious:
Rawlings confirmed it employed about 150 people in the St. Louis area and 1,200 globally.
Second crane is going up on the Hotel side today
Crane going up earlier today.

2 cranes over BPV.

^You must’ve took that photo shortly after I left the roof of the Busch garage. I was in a orange shirt. Do know that crane will be taller than the one on site already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
^ha! Wave at the courthouse next time. I spend a shameful amount of time staring out the window.

Are they doing a crane jump during the initial set up? Or do those sections just lie there waiting?
The top climbing unit on the tower and more tower sections on the trailer suggests that the crane will go taller.
Still no construction cams for this project?
danke0 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:18 pm
^ha! Wave at the courthouse next time. I spend a shameful amount of time staring out the window.

Are they doing a crane jump during the initial set up? Or do those sections just lie there waiting?
Ill wave next time. Yes. The crane will jump a ton today. It will be taller than the current crane on site by 30 feet or so.
framer wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:31 pm
Seriously. Although I don't recall Phase I having one, so maybe the Cardinals / Cordish just don't really care?
^Are both of those west of the bar? Will they need a third one for the residential on the east?
symphonicpoet wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:33 am
^Are both of those west of the bar? Will they need a third one for the residential on the east?
Yes, those are for the office and hotel section. There will be a third one going up within the next two weeks for the residential tower.
chaifetz10 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:44 pm
framer wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:31 pm
Seriously. Although I don't recall Phase I having one, so maybe the Cardinals / Cordish just don't really care?
There was a webcam for Phase I located on the Hilton 360 Rooftop Restaurant, but when the project was completed, it was shut down. I still check it from time to time to see if it's up and running, but no luck yet.

http://fox2now.com/webcams/360-rooftop- ... -ballpark/
There will be webcams.

According to Paric, there will be two, one on the Residential Tower and one on the office/fitness portion. Both will be on top of the Hilton's East Tower. I got a preview today from a friend on site, it is a neat perspective and I think all of you are going to enjoy the views. It is a "Truelook" system like SLU Hospital.
chriss752 wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:00 am
There will be webcams.

According to Paric, there will be two, one on the Residential Tower and one on the office/fitness portion. Both will be on top of the Hilton's East Tower. I got a preview today from a friend on site, it is a neat perspective and I think all of you are going to enjoy the views. It is a "Truelook" system like SLU Hospital.
Thanks for the info. Here's a little preview of the west portion.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgtUdMrU0AAPiqk.jpg:large
-----------------------------
PARIC Corporation
‏@ParicCorp

Coming very soon!
Tower crane on its way up at the apartment site!
This sounds very odd. A tropical bar is moving into the Howl at the Moon space.

https://www.buildingstlnews.com/the-blo ... rk-village
So one lame, hokey chain bar leaves and is replaced with another one? BPV has definitely earned the right to be called the “bar mall.”
Howl will probably look at other spaces near the Ballpark or Wash Ave and open up in the next few months or year. They're not closing because they didn't make money... Cordish just wants to get another of their concepts in there to keep as much money from BPV as possible. Look for more of their concepts to be announced as part of the new phases soon. My money is on at least one of Mosaic and Pizza Bar - maybe the DeWitts open up a Dewey's instead of Pizza Bar though.

The Cards and Cordish have total control over who they want in by being able to control the rents. They can jack it up skyhigh, drive out non DeWitt/Cordish owned companies, pay themselves rent, and keep all the beer profits. It's a smart business move, even though it's not exactly great for us who prefer non-chains.
The third crane is up after all this time of it being a stump.

^^^

Would be nice if someone would post these pictures over on KCRag, considering they do that all the time here.
PARIC Corporation
@ParicCorp

You asked for it, so here it is...the first official time-lapse for @OneCardinalWay #ballparkvillage #construction https://t.co/Asf8altxa6
Chalupas54 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:59 pm
^^^

Would be nice if someone would post these pictures over on KCRag, considering they do that all the time here.
I Tried to do just that i registered 3 weeks ago and my account still has not been activated. smh
hoffa270 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:38 am
Chalupas54 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:59 pm
^^^

I Tried to do just that i registered 3 weeks ago and my account still has not been activated. smh
I tried to register what seems like a year ago (twice) and never got activated so don't hold your breathe. That said I didn't plan on stirring the pot. If they want to then that's on them. I like to think that is beneath us.

But more BPV related, it is really nice to see it all moving along and more news coming out here and there. I need to get down there to see the new cranes.

I assume this is old news but I see the hotel has a website. https://www.loewshotels.com/live-by-loe ... s-missouri
Here is the newest rendering of the Loews Hotel released yesterday:

and the interior: