Midtown Alley Development

Construction activity, major renovations, office projects, etc. in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
Nice.
Since opening, Center Ice has closed access from the front (Olive) side of the building. Previously, you could enter that way, passing beside the brewery area.

Now you have to walk a block out of the way, around Pappy's and through the back parking lot.

This is a terrible idea for that stretch of street (even though it sometimes feels like I'm the only one walking there).
Brennan's Work and Leisure to open at 3015 Locust: https://www.riverfronttimes.com/foodblo ... nd-leisure
Brennan jokes that the building, a former automobile showroom and warehouse, is "the ugliest one on the block," but notes that upcoming renovations will remove its facade. He hopes to have the new space open this fall.
^ You can almost taste Midtown Alley hitting a higher gear.... lots of commercial rehabs going on; would be curious to know how much square footage and how much is for lease. It's so tempting to see a future not so far off of in the future of residential, shops, and whatnot opening up and joining the growing number of creative firms and restaurants already cropping up.
^ Well, demolishing 3201 Locust was not part of my vision but the church owner applied for it last week. :cry:

Boo. For what?
So this is parking for a church. No way? Does this need to be reviewed by Cultural Resources?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That neighborhood is literally awash in parking. If there's a historic review . . . oh please no. No.
Jesus Christ. Literally.
downtown2007 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:32 pm
So this is parking for a church. No way? Does this need to be reviewed by Cultural Resources?
I assume it's for more church parking but who knows. Not too optimistic on Cultural Resources after the fiasco of the last Locust Street demo where they approved it and didn't go before the Preservation Board (even though the President assured me it would have to.)
Is there anyone we can contact to make sure that this gets a review? This would be such a huge loss for that block, and senseless. There is already so much street parking too.
bwcrow1s wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:16 am
Is there anyone we can contact to make sure that this gets a review? This would be such a huge loss for that block, and senseless. There is already so much street parking too.
Does the Landmarks Association ever publicly advocate for the preservation of buildings like this? I feel like they used to.