Bohemian Hill Mixed Use Development/ Georgian Square

Discuss construction activity, major renovations, office projects, streetscape improvements, etc. in South City -- defined by the area south of Interstate 44/55.
First unread post987 posts
^I feel like they are pretty well insulated to west along Jefferson as well.
ebo wrote:
^I feel like they are pretty well insulated to west along Jefferson as well.
Yeah. That neighborhood has torn itself out of the city almost as completely as any of the private streets in the West End. Impressive. And frightening, really.
STLrainbow wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:03 pm
Presbyterian wrote:I've read that the apartments will be in the four remaining City Hospital buildings along 14th Street south of Carroll. On Google Maps, you can notice that they still have their old roofing. I believe this will complete the renovations on the site. Unlike The Georgian, these will be rentals.
looks like these 60 units, which were supposed to be delivered in 2014, are having a hard time getting started or are not moving forward.
per chris's reporting, it looks like the group behind the Dogtown apartment project are going to take this on.... hopefully they get it moves along at a decent pace.

https://twitter.com/BuildingSTL/status/ ... 2424755200
STLrainbow wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:10 pm
STLrainbow wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:03 pm
Presbyterian wrote:I've read that the apartments will be in the four remaining City Hospital buildings along 14th Street south of Carroll. On Google Maps, you can notice that they still have their old roofing. I believe this will complete the renovations on the site. Unlike The Georgian, these will be rentals.
looks like these 60 units, which were supposed to be delivered in 2014, are having a hard time getting started or are not moving forward.
per chris's reporting, it looks like the group behind the Dogtown apartment project are going to take this on.... hopefully they get it moves along at a decent pace.

Hope to see this happening. Weird it has taken this long.
STLrainbow wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:10 pm

It is happening for sure. The City Hospital Project will start toward the end of the Second Quarter this year and warp up in the Summer of 2019. Rent will be fairly high as well. The way the units will be is as follows...
1. 4 Studio Apartments at $985 Per Month
2. 62 One Bedrooms at $1100-$1300 Per Month
3. 7 Two Bedrooms at $1600 Per Month

There will also be a fitness center, business center, secure parking, a rooftop deck, commons areas and a pet wash facility all according to Jeff T. at the Pearl Companies. I think this is VERY exciting.
That is AWFULLY expensive rent rates for this city and for buildings about 100 yards from a major low income development.

I'm not saying those things can't co-exist. I think it'd be rather great to integrate a mix of those things. but I'm just a little skeptical they'll be able to lease for those rates.
jstriebel wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:25 am
That is AWFULLY expensive rent rates for this city and for buildings about 100 yards from a major low income development.

I'm not saying those things can't co-exist. I think it'd be rather great to integrate a mix of those things. but I'm just a little skeptical they'll be able to lease for those rates.
The one bedrooms in Soulard for that new apartment building on Russell are trying to get between 1100 and 1700.
jstriebel wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:25 am

Its also a 100 yards from some houses that go between $500,000-700,000.
Anybody hearing anything about what might take over the old Tim Hortons space? Still think they should have built a mixed use building with retail there. Maybe now they can...
http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/ ... m_content=

More details on the City Hospital rehab. Great news!
^Nothing much else that we haven’t learned already but the history is a nice touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was gonna say, I saw construction equipment on site a couple days ago. Glad this is moving forward.