Prop D Gas Tax (Nov 6th 2018)

All the ways we move people and things: trains, planes, automobiles, biking, walking, etc.
bwcrow1s wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:40 am
Since the last gas tax increase, haven't both 364 and 370 been constructed?

And they're on the hot seat to expand I-70 past Wentzville. St. Charles is going to kick and scream until it happens.

Why are tolls so scary? How many large cities have them? A sh*t ton?

There has never ever been a successful conversion of a "free road" to a toll road, you either toll on day 1 of the road or you don't.

364/370 all of that was planned in the 80s.
look at the modot long range plan there is no system expansion at all from 2015-2045
These are on the Investment Priorities list in Connected2045. Are they no longer?
2016-2025
I-70 (Partial) Rehabilitate pavement, improve
interchanges, add lanes St. Charles MO 94 to MO 370 $30

David Hoekel Parkway Phases 1 and 2 Construct new road St. Charles Peine Rd. to MO P; Interstate
Dr. to Meyer Rd. $54

2026-2035
I-70 (Partial) Rehabilitate pavement, improve interchanges, add lanes
St. Charles MO 94 to MO 370 $100

I-270 Rehabilitate pavement and bridges; add capacity, modify interchanges and outer roads St. Louis H to Lilac $163

I-64 Add capacity St. Charles MO K to I-70 $54
David Hoekel Parkway Phases 3 and 4 Construct new road St. Charles
Peine Rd. to Meyer Rd. $27

2036-2045
I-270 Improve corridor, add capacity St. Louis County MO 100 to MO 30 $203

I-55 Rehabilitate pavement and bridges, add capacity, improve
interchanges Jefferson MO Z to US 67 $278

David Hoekel Parkway Phase 5 Construct new road St. Charles Jackson Rd to Interstate Dr.
MoDOT policy of no system expansion is still in place, if places like St.Charles want the David Hoekel Parkway projects they would have to pay for it and also pay for the first 10 years of maintenance
dbInSouthCity wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:17 pm
none of this will go towards system expansion and MoDOT hasnt expanded the system in decades (minus route N in St.Charles)
well somebody should tell that to St. Charles County Executive Steve Ehlmann b/c it certainly sounds like he's expecting Prop D to fund St. Charles' expansion projects:

On nine out of the last 14 projects on the state system in St. Charles County, MoDOT has paid only 40 percent of the cost, while the remainder has been financed by the county, our cities and federal money the county and cities have been able to procure. We cannot continue to finance the state transportation system at the expense of county and municipal systems.
That is necessary to maintain the existing system throughout the state and to expand the system to meet the needs of new businesses and residents in the St. Louis region.
i'd feel much more confident in MoDOT's maintenance-only promise if it were legislated.
Does the policy of no system expansion include not adding lanes?
quincunx wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:07 am
Does the policy of no system expansion include not adding lanes?
i think the only place in St.Louis where that would be discussed is the 270 straight away in west county. There is one agency that can overwrite any modot policy or decision and thats East West Gateway, elect people to position that sit on that board and you can have total control of transportation decision making.