4143 Manchester (Everest Expansion)

Construction activity, major renovations, office projects, etc. in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
Everest expanding with new 3 story mixed use addition next door - replaces a one story house -

https://www.parkcentraldevelopment.org/ ... Packet.pdf
I love that little shotgun and have been hoping for a rehab of it for a while.

This is a tough one for me...Everest has been a great neighbor in the grove and really needs more space but i don't love the initial drawings for this addition. What is up with the brown and grey on the right side?
^Based on the floor plans in the document, those brown things are small patios. The gray color is meh and I personally believe that Manchester is seeing to much of “Gray Construction”.
^ I'm kind of with you.

Also, the first item on that agenda packet in the isolated warehouse area at Swan and Kingshighway is extremely interesting to me....hopefully these are more jobs for WashU Medical and not relocating from the core area. That would be great news.

The proposed project will re-develop a tract of land at 1234 Kingshighway. The site purchase includes two buildings and surface parking. The building adjacent to the Union Pacific mainline will be raised. A proposed 550 surface parking lot will be planned. The remaining building, will be renovated as office space for WUSM facility and staff use.

By the way, the building for the IT people formally on the Clayton campus looks finished up now so 300 lucky duckies have been liberated from the County or sent to the hell hole; opinions may vary!
6 acres of parking and $446,300 in assessed value lost.
STLrainbow wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:33 am
^ I'm kind of with you.

Also, the first item on that agenda packet in the isolated warehouse area at Swan and Kingshighway is extremely interesting to me....hopefully these are more jobs for WashU Medical and not relocating from the core area. That would be great news.

The proposed project will re-develop a tract of land at 1234 Kingshighway. The site purchase includes two buildings and surface parking. The building adjacent to the Union Pacific mainline will be raised. A proposed 550 surface parking lot will be planned. The remaining building, will be renovated as office space for WUSM facility and staff use.

By the way, the building for the IT people formally on the Clayton campus looks finished up now so 300 lucky duckies have been liberated from the County or sent to the hell hole; opinions may vary!
I really wish someone (aka anyone in the city) would push for the opening of Vista to Taylor and access to the parking lot from Taylor as a requirement in return for parking. Those cul de sacs on Vista and Swan need to go and many of the streets in that area could use a new asphalt layer. I'm all for letting WU and WUSM buy and expand pretty much anywhere in St. Louis, but it's little details like this that really make a long term impact
With the increasing density of the Central Corridor, I think it's inevitable that some of these blockages will be opened up again. First on my list would be Walton between McPherson and Olive. That stretch of Olive with Bowood Farms is ready to take off; it just needs better connection to the rest of the CWE.