23rd and Locust

What's happening in our built environment.
Anybody know what is happening on the SE corner of 23rd and Locust? Excavators on the parking lot this weekend and it looks like most of the glass has been removed from 2218 Locust. Temporary fencing has been put up around the whole site.
Part of this development? I know 2315 was included in this..

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/ ... 46168.html
^ look like that's the building I mentioned NSI wants to demo.... permit issued last week.
STLrainbow wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:53 am
^ look like that's the building I mentioned NSI wants to demo.... permit issued last week.
Think I missed that. What and why are the demoing for this project?
This just going to be another parking lot, I take it? Bleh.
^ I believe so... for Ansira.
jstriebel wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:16 am
Jesus. When will we learn?
ImprovSTL wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:33 am
jstriebel wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:16 am
Jesus. When will we learn?
When will Bi-State stop reducing bus service? Not that this is really this issue here, this is a highly unnecessary demo. But car culture, ya know? Plus people love tearing down buildings, it's the easy way out.
Wow, why not a basic garage where the current lot stands? Isn't there a massive lot due west of the Ansira building?

Was this demo ever up for preservation review?
bwcrow1s wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:16 am
Wow, why not a basic garage where the current lot stands? Isn't there a massive lot due west of the Ansira building?

Was this demo ever up for preservation review?
Not much due west but a large lot to the south along Olive. Most of the west side of the Ansira building is taken up by loading docks.

Could they be creating a lot to the east so they can sell the current parking lot property? It is probably of higher value due to its frontage on Olive. Wouldn't be so bad if they trade one lot for another.

Theoretically the entire 2300 block on the north side of Olive could be redeveloped as I don't think there is an active business at 2323 Olive. Haven't heard of anything like that though.
If anyone is able to take a current photo and post I'd really appreciate it... I tweeted about potential demo after the permit was applied for and Richard Callow who sits on the Review Board responded that it would have to go before them for approval; b while that hasn't happened the application has been approved by the building department and apparently its coming down. :(
STLrainbow wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:41 pm
If anyone is able to take a current photo and post I'd really appreciate it... I tweeted about potential demo after the permit was applied for and Richard Callow who sits on the Review Board responded that it would have to go before them for approval; b while that hasn't happened the application has been approved by the building department and apparently its coming down. :(
Guessing there will be no repercussions.
^ Probably not. So apparently Cultural Resources approved demo but did not send it over to the Preservation Review Board. Richard Callow who sits on the board said he'd inquire why they didn't. Anyway, Saint Louis can be the sh*tty City sometimes.
They've gone a little beyond just taking out windows.

More pictures from Saturday morning. They've started to take out the top floor from back to front.

Damn. And this is just set to be a parking lot, yeah?

That's a loss. Building looked clean and solid. A creative firm or the like would have been able to turn this into a beautiful work space. All the while, random green space lots sit all around their office building. Very frustrating.
More pics from this morning. It's gone.