W Karaoke Lounge in The Loop

New and changing stores, restaurants, and businesses in the City of St. Louis
Sorry if I missed an existing thread, but wow, this place is wild:

"St. Louis' first full-scale karaoke lounge opened its doors last night in University City. Take one step inside W Karaoke Lounge, and you’ll feel you’ve been teleported to Sin City. The concept is common in Southeast Asia, is still new to the east and west U.S. coasts, and is completely new in the Midwest."

https://www.stlmag.com/dining/why-w-kar ... ll-become/
Nice. I've seen some of the ones they have in Japan, and it looked like a lot of fun (and less awkward than a normal karaoke scene if you're like me). Good to know that I only have to visit U City if I want to experience one.
Trololzilla wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:08 am
Nice. I've seen some of the ones they have in Japan, and it looked like a lot of fun (and less awkward than a normal karaoke scene if you're like me). Good to know that I only have to visit U City if I want to experience one.
There was one near my place in Chicago. I love them and I'm not a big karaoke guy.
I was going to say, that reminds me of some of the ones around Saigon. I have a funny feeling that if they stock K, J, and V pop they can get a different audience than they expect. (Particularly the V pop, around here.) Of course . . . there's already some private Vietnamese Karaoke bars around town. Or clubs might be a better way to put it, since they're not really public. Not that polished, though. That's sweet looking! Completely over the top.