Lyon School

Discuss renovations and new residential construction in South City -- defined by the area south of Interstate 44/55.
Lyon School being converted into 32 apartments with 10 additional garden units being added on site - good news for often forgotten Patch neighborhood

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/ ... c7b1e.html
Very good! Here's to hoping we eventually end up with enough new residential from projects like this that the city has to open more schools. (Oh the irony!)

Also: Forgotten? Nah. It's just that it's actually Carondelet. The old part. The main part. And the part with the name now was the farmland around Carondelet until the streetcars built out. More irony. But you know, we have to have more arbitrary names.
I would like the apartment that comes with that gigantic bay window, please.
bwcrow1s wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:59 am
Interested what building 10 garden units means. I thought garden units meant they were in a basement.
ImprovSTL wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:21 am
bwcrow1s wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:59 am
Interested what building 10 garden units means. I thought garden units meant they were in a basement.
The garden apartments, he said, will be in a separate building at the corner of Koeln and Alabama avenues, on adjacent green space the school district also owns.

There is a building behind the school or they talking about actually building a new building on the green space at the corner?. I'm not sure how they'll be garden style. Garden style pretty much does mean basement
The garden units will have basement style windows on the East and North, normal windows on the South.

ImageScreen Shot 2018-02-23 at 10.16.54 AM by Alex Price, on Flickr

Edit:
joelo wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:12 am
The garden apartments, he said, will be in a separate building at the corner of Koeln and Alabama avenues, on adjacent green space the school district also owns.
^ that too
aprice wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:18 am
The garden units will have basement style windows on the East and North, normal windows on the South.

ImageScreen Shot 2018-02-23 at 10.16.54 AM by Alex Price, on Flickr

Edit:
joelo wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:12 am
^ that too
Got it. So not basement units.