Greitens Under Criminal Investigation

St. Louis references in the news. Oh yeah, don't forget our favorite "Top Lists."
The decision to investigate is held by the individual circuit attorneys. I hope he crashes and burns. He cares nothing about Missouri and only being a GOP lackey.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt ... acada.html
He's trash and should resign immediately.
^ Agreed. My only worry is that his replacement would be equally as bad...
meh. He had an affair. Connotation of an affair is that it was consensual. It's also a personal matter. Doesn't affect his job.

Blackmail....well, if that's true...then, ya...it's a whole 'nother story. *IF it's true*

What's more bothering is the mob jury, based on hearsay with no trial. This goes for any of the recent politicians, both men and a few women, regardless of political party. And even more so in the entertainment industry.
MTBE wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:57 am
meh. He had an affair. Connotation of an affair is that it was consensual. It's also a personal matter. Doesn't affect his job.

Blackmail....well, if that's true...then, ya...it's a whole 'nother story. *IF it's true*

What's more bothering is the mob jury, based on hearsay with no trial. This goes for any of the recent politicians, both men and a few women, regardless of political party. And even more so in the entertainment industry.
It sounds like consent was questionable when she felt uncomfortable.
MTBE wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:57 am
meh. He had an affair. Connotation of an affair is that it was consensual. It's also a personal matter. Doesn't affect his job.

Blackmail....well, if that's true...then, ya...it's a whole 'nother story. *IF it's true*

What's more bothering is the mob jury, based on hearsay with no trial. This goes for any of the recent politicians, both men and a few women, regardless of political party. And even more so in the entertainment industry.
He had an affair as he was lining up a campaign and ran as a family man. When you're a governor of a state there is no personal matters, its all public matters. He's alleged to have taken a naked photo of her while technically having her kidnapped while she was tied up and had no power to stop it, the allegedly slapped her after she told him she slept with her husband and he has allegedly paid her to stay silent. Coupled this with the hot head angry phone call he had with an opponent last year i believe all those allegations, Greitens is a type of person who would do all these things and deny it... a gutless coward

he has also used an app that makes texts disappear while conducting gov biz (also under investigation) and not to mention his own party wants him investigated for shady dark money dealings.

so there is a pattern here, this guy is a clown.
MTBE wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:57 am
meh. He had an affair. Connotation of an affair is that it was consensual. It's also a personal matter. Doesn't affect his job.

Blackmail....well, if that's true...then, ya...it's a whole 'nother story. *IF it's true*

What's more bothering is the mob jury, based on hearsay with no trial. This goes for any of the recent politicians, both men and a few women, regardless of political party. And even more so in the entertainment industry.
It's not that he is doing a great job as a governor anyway, trying to import a Kansas-style fiscal crisis to Missouri. In spite of all the warnings by economists and policymakers. That guy needs to be stopped.
Funny thing is, Greitens has been more helpful to STL City in one year than Nixon was his entire time in office.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
downtown2007 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:14 pm
Funny thing is, Greitens has been more helpful to STL City in one year than Nixon was his entire time in office.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This isn't anywhere close to reality.
downtown2007 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:14 pm
Funny thing is, Greitens has been more helpful to STL City in one year than Nixon was his entire time in office.
How so?
Greitens reformed the Prison Release Center north of downtown. Added state troopers on interstates in the city limits which basically ended the rash of shooting incidents we were experiencing. Brought the Department of Social Services into schools in the community. Used the state Department of Mental Health to provide training for officers to deescalate situations and reduce crime.

Nixon went years without returning Slays calls and rarely visited STL City. Heck, when the tornado hit he visited STL County but never set foot in North STL. He was completely absent and took city voters for granted.

But yeah, let me guess, everyone automatically liked Nixon because he is a Democrat.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Governor Greitens, along with the legislature, has taken every possible opportunity since to meddle with the affairs of the City of St. Louis, most brazenly when they intervened to reduce St. Louis' minimum wage. The governor's budget proposal this has a 10% cut to higher education this year with a further 10% reduction tied to performance metrics; this comes after a 9% (reduced to 6%) cut last year. The school everyone expects to fail these performance metrics is Harris-Stowe, raising the prospect that it might be closed or consolidated into UMSL. But I guess because he put state highway patrol officers on the interstates this is some great service to the City of St. Louis? It certainly hasn't translated into a drop in homicides.

The governor, apparently with the City's best interest in mind, hid a letter from the Department of Housing and Urban Development stating that SB 43 (which passed last year) would impact Missouri's eligibility for federal grants due to SB 43 changing laws for housing discrimination in Missouri until after SB 43 was passed and signed. He has come out against a gas tax increase, the only viable route to raising money badly needed to invest in this state's crumbling infrastructure, instead wanting to further raise sales taxes. He signed a right-to-work bill into law which will devastate labor unions and working people all over this state, though especially concentrated in the City of St. Louis. He and the legislative have failed to adequately fund the public schools to the minimum funding formula, and his meddling on the state board of education has left Missouri without a Commissioner of Public Education and without a quorum on the state board of education to hire a new one to replace the one he schemed to fire. He, through another of his ill considered schemes with board appointments, essentially ended the Missouri Low-Income Housing Tax Credit program. This administration has been an unmitigated disaster for the State of Missouri, and yes the City of St. Louis, and anyone under any illusions otherwise is a fool.
Ebsy wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:32 pm
This administration has been an unmitigated disaster for the State of Missouri, and yes the City of St. Louis, and anyone under any illusions otherwise is a fool.
Wait, so anyone who happens to disagree with you "is a fool"? Because you say so? Is it really that simple?
framer wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:35 pm
Ebsy wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:32 pm
This administration has been an unmitigated disaster for the State of Missouri, and yes the City of St. Louis, and anyone under any illusions otherwise is a fool.
Wait, so anyone who happens to disagree with you "is a fool"? Because you say so? Is it really that simple?
No, because of all the clear actions Greitens has taken or failed to take that I laid out very clearly in my post. Care to address any of those?

That is, if defending a criminal like Eric Greitens is the hill you want to die on here.
^No, I have no interest in defending Greitens (I'm not a supporter), I just don't agree with belittling people who have different political opinions than yourself. It's the old "if you don't agree with me, then I must be smarter than you" argument.
I didn’t vote for Greitens and am not a supporter. He certainly has warts but has done some thing to help STL and has generally paid attention to our issues. I am pointing out he has a target on his back because he is associated with a different political party. But Nixon got a free pass because he was a Democratic despite ignoring STL his entire term. Nixon was a disaster and the Democratic Party has only provided marginal improvements to STL.

I loosely support RTW. It has its issues but Unions are too controlling and have too much power in STL. They help rubber stamp old school democrat votes a maintain the status quo.

LIHTC isn’t without problems in the sense that it is a tool to help concentrate poverty in the Central City.
^ that's a gross overstatement about LIHTC... they've been crucial in getting key projects completed across the city and iirc the state specifically reformed the program to spread out the projects. And while I agree as a whole Nixon wasn't a strong proponent of urban policies such as transit, etc,,, he was a strong proponent of several things that didn't get done but would have helped citizens immensely, such as extension of Medicaid, and he also did a good job with DESE and higher ed. and fought nonsensical expansion of gun laws as long as he could. He also was a strong advocate for the NFL and MLS stadia projects. (Greitens sure didn't help the cause of proponents of MLS.)

In the end. if he continues to screw up DESE like he's doing, hikes state college tuition, expands gun laws and slashes HTC and LIHTC programs as he desires (I believe well beyond what Nixon reforms proposed) and the like he can inflict a lot of damage. Tragic figure, imo, because I once thought he might be able to bring an urban agenda to a conservative Jeff City but it's clear he really had no intention to do so.
framer wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:49 am
^No, I have no interest in defending Greitens (I'm not a supporter), I just don't agree with belittling people who have different political opinions than yourself. It's the old "if you don't agree with me, then I must be smarter than you" argument.
Neither do I, but the murderous ghouls of the GOP deserve all the mockery they receive and 100x more. When you go all-in on insisting that broad demographics are inherently less deserving of basic human rights and opportunities, your "politics" are no longer valid.

I didn't care much for Nixon but he was the only thing keeping the state Republicans from turning Missouri into a financial disaster like Kansas, not to mention reigning in the blatant racism to some degree, so I was happy to have him.