Tim Horton's Exiting St Louis Market?

New and changing stores, restaurants, and businesses in the City of St. Louis
The local franchisee and Tim Hortons are engaged in what appears to be a complete relationship severing dispute. A lawsuit was filed and the location in Downtown and Cortex are "permanently" closed. No word yet on if the other greater STL locations will stay open.

Per the lawsuit, Tim Hortons ceased marketing activity in STL and began rejecting proposals.

My computer is not allowing me to copy the link, but I read this on fox2now.com.

Really would be sad to see this chain leave STL. This was really cool to have such a 'niche' chain here. It's still relatively new to the US.
This makes it sound like Tim Horton’s is not going away fully.

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local ... 7e427.html
What do they expect from 3G Capital, the group run by Jorge Paulo Lemann & Marcel Herrmann Telles. They are behind the buyout of Tim Hortons. As with INBEV, cost cutting, watering down of the product and synergies are what they specialize in. Tim Hortons will be a shell of it's pre-buyout self someday, if not already. Sad to see so many legacy companies (AB, Burger King & Tim Hortons) gobbled up by this cut-throat group.
On September 1, I tweeted that all 5 STL area locations couldn't be legally open since all stopped transmitting state sales tax to the state, once a biz appears on that list the end is not too far behind.
Where does one find this list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
downtown2007 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:40 am
Where does one find this list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://mytax.mo.gov/rptp/portal/home/w ... BIS9nQSEh/
This sucks. I know plenty of people are of the "chains are evil" school of thought. But the local Horton's franchisee was clearly aggressive with the urban location choices.
dweebe wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:44 pm
This sucks. I know plenty of people are of the "chains are evil" school of thought. But the local Horton's franchisee was clearly aggressive with the urban location choices.
It was great that they attempted to be open 24 hours at the downtown location. So many businesses (downtown especially) seem to never even try to expand their hours beyond the busiest few per day.
^ would've been nice to keep that downtown one open... but it looks like they closed the two locations that they leased and didn't own the real estate.
The location at Bohemian Hill seems to be absent costumers any time it's open. I just don't see how it lasts long term. Unfortunately, there were tax $ thrown at that car-oriented, suburban project.
soulardx wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:38 pm
The location at Bohemian Hill seems to be absent costumers any time it's open. I just don't see how it lasts long term. Unfortunately, there were tax $ thrown at that car-oriented, suburban project.
I agree. I never see anyone there save for Saturday mornings.

Would have been nice to get something else there instead of a gigantic parking lot.
An additional infuriating element of this Bohemian Hill development is that it's part of a CID so all the businesses there (Fields Foods, Walgreens and Tim Hortons) collect an additional 0.5 to 1.5% (sorry, not sure of the specifics...it's intentionally hard to find). While I have no evidence....I think it's possible that the businesses are pocketing that money. Heck, hire a security guard at least.
Walgreens has one, but it is a huge space to monitor with plenty of blind spots.
Tim Hortons franchisee closes all four remaining St. Louis restaurants

My first and only experience: I got a mocha that seemed to essentially be warmed up yoo-hoo so I decided to never go back. True story.
Looks like the local franchisee has put up a statement:

http://timhortonsstl.com/tim-hortons-st ... staurants/

Of course consider the source and this is all from their perspective and one side of the issue.
Why Tim Hortons doesn’t deserve your sympathy
https://tvo.org/article/current-affairs ... r-sympathy
Some nice two to three story housing would look well where Tim Horton's on Lafayette is at. And somewhat abate the vehicular onslaught to Bohemian Hill the last five decades. That whole area is already tax abated or something, right?
bwcrow1s wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:51 am
Some nice two to three story housing would look well where Tim Horton's on Lafayette is at. And somewhat abate the vehicular onslaught to Bohemian Hill the last five decades. That whole area is already tax abated or something, right?
Complete sidenote, but I wish Walgreens would put a gate or remove the fencing they have by their building fronting Lafayette. In the context of St. Louis development, development in that area, and development right next to that stupid highway ramp, the Walgreens is actually fairly decent looking. It almost has a street facing entrance even. But the almost part of that is completely nullified since the fence buts up to the driveway curb cut rather than being accessible for a pedestrian.

I'm well aware that that probably serves most of their customers just fine, but it's the whole if you build it for cars you'll get cars thing. If we started building for pedestrians, maybe we'd get more of them. It's just a little detail, but I wish they'd rectify it.