Washington Avenue Mixed-Use Conceptual Design

Downtown construction activity, including hotel projects, major renovations, office projects, streetscape improvements, etc.
Location?

Washington between 16th & 17th.
The developer for the CPI Building renovation owns that parking lot. BOA has already approved the abandonment of 17th St between these properties (against the wishes of DNA and urbanist groups). It's nice to see that this is still open in this rendering but I highly doubt it will remain open. We expect them to fence in this parking lot and have a secure connection to the CPI building.
The Garage won’t happen in the near future
Good lord, that's the ugliest design I've seen in a long time!
chriss752 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:00 am
Finance issue? Developer? Basis for opinion. I believe the plan as stipulated by the developer for the former CPI building was a second phase new construction on the parking lot. I don't think this is what the blog crowd envisioned.

I put the rendering in the final construction would look better then rendered because you couldn't get it looking uglier on paper but what is built will look better then an empty surface lot..
dredger wrote:
chriss752 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:00 am
Finance issue? Developer? Basis for opinion. I believe the plan as stipulated by the developer for the former CPI building was a second phase new construction on the parking lot. I don't think this is what the blog crowd envisioned.

I put the rendering in the final construction would look better then rendered because you couldn't get it looking uglier on paper but what is built will look better then an empty surface lot..
I talked to the Architecture firm, HDA, they said that this project could still happen but it won’t happen for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hoffa270 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:24 am
Location?

So is this a garage with a small amount of apartments on top or is this just a garage?
Would honestly be cool to see that as new office space. Definitely imagined it at least twice the height in my mind though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
30 % lipstick and 70% pig.