Developer plans hotel in old Clayton police HQ

Discuss new retail, dining, business and residential projects within the City of Clayton, the center of St. Louis County government.
It says the article is locked but it let me read it.

https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/new ... ce-hq.html

HomeBase, a real estate developer based in Montana, has agreed to buy the former Clayton Police Department headquarters with the intentions of building a 200-room hotel.

The hotel brand has not yet been identified, though the firm has existing relationships with hoteliers Starwood and Marriott. Holloran said the project would cost about $45 million.
^Renovation, or tear-down and new construction?
framer wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:04 pm
I asked Brian Feldt. He said the documents didn't say. I figure it has to be a tear down. I can't see any way they get 200 rooms in the current building.
jshank83 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:29 pm
framer wrote:
I asked Brian Feldt. He said the documents didn't say. I figure it has to be a tear down. I can't see any way they get 200 rooms in the current building.
PD article with some more info, 10-12 story hotel

http://www.stltoday.com/business/column ... 974b9.html

The Clayton Board of Aldermen approved an agreement Tuesday to sell the vacant property for $2.375 million to HB Clayton LLC, which plans to build a 10- to 12-story hotel with 200 rooms on the site.
dredger wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:45 pm
jshank83 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:29 pm
framer wrote:
PD article with some more info, 10-12 story hotel

http://www.stltoday.com/business/column ... 974b9.html

The Clayton Board of Aldermen approved an agreement Tuesday to sell the vacant property for $2.375 million to HB Clayton LLC, which plans to build a 10- to 12-story hotel with 200 rooms on the site.
Taller than I thought but I guess it doesn't have a huge footprint. I would guess they could use parking in the garage next door. I will be interested to see the renderings of it.
Null
chriss752 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:07 am
I found the renderings. This project has been in the works for far longer than what it was made out to be in the Post Dispatch. I mean seriously. The Story can be found below. The source is a friend of my family's who works within the Clayton Government and knows of numerous things.

https://www.buildingstlnews.com/the-blo ... -police-hq
Cool, thanks for sharing.

Just some feedback in general, is there any way we could keep all development news on nextSTL?

There's like six websites now for STL development all saying the same thing. It's very overwhelming...
Agreed. It's very difficult to keep track of who is reporting what and when... I get that people have their own sites they want to promote but why even associate with NextSTL if you're not going to actually use it?
chaifetz10 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:32 am
Agreed. It's very difficult to keep track of who is reporting what and when... I get that people have their own sites they want to promote but why even associate with NextSTL if you're not going to actually use it?
Nail on the head.

NextSTL has the largest platform. People know what it is. Use that, please!

It just seems like some NextSTL'ers are taking advantage of the site. You should relinquish your connection to it if you're not going to contribute IMHO.

Not trying to bash anyone! I appreciate all the STL sites, it's just they all say the same thing.
Null
I had to take the photos down. Out of respect of HDA.
This is going off topic, but I think there needs to be more sources than NextStL. You get different point of views, project info, etc. Competition also keeps the platforms up to date.

Not crazy about the brick, but I guess it relates well to the Government Center in the next block.
Is that just a nice way of saying it looks like a jail?

I wonder if that's brick or paneling. I guess probably brick paneling. Great to see significant Clayton development migrating toward its Metrolinks stations.
^Ha! No, I try to avoid the old "looks-like-a-jail" critique. Actually, I think the color of the brick and the prominent horizontal section tie it in with the newly expanded government center.
Sounds like formal plans will be submitted to the city Q1 2018
I actually love the seventies wallpaper vibe to the fenestration. I like the color. I like the rhythm. It'll be a very swanky addition. Very nice.
http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/ ... the-latest

Another AC hotel. 12-story building. Subleasing parking.
Does anyone know if AC is making a huge push nationally? They are blanketing the central corridor at this point should everything end up panning out.
I like the new design, but I do miss the horizontal band of glass on the 2nd level.
Adding a curb cut 50 feet up the block from the only pedestrian entrance to a Metrolink station is unfortunate.
newstl2020 wrote:Does anyone know if AC is making a huge push nationally? They are blanketing the central corridor at this point should everything end up panning out.
Marriott itself is making huge moves in the region. So far, there are 3 AC Hotels proposed in the region and a whole bunch of others such as Courtyards, Residence Inns and Fairfield’s. Let’s not forget that the 705 Olive Project will also be a Marriott Brand. I think nationwide, the AC Brand is growing. Looking at other cities pages on Skyscraper Page, there are tons of AC Hotels going up in cities across the country. So I guess that AC will become one of Marriott’s largest brands in the coming years.
I wonder if they are redoing the entrance to that garage and the metro. How it is in the pic is not how it is now. The ramp extends further. Either the pic isn't accurate or they are reworking it.