Pig & Pickle in old Atlas space

New and changing stores, restaurants, and businesses in the City of St. Louis
Sauce Magazine is reporting that Springfield, IL's Driftwood Eatery is relocating to the old Atlas space on Pershing in DeBaliviere Place and will open as Pig & Pickle this fall.

From Sauce:
Pig & Pickle will serve a variety of small plate options including braised pork cheek, roasted bone marrow and blackened shrimp. A few popular dishes from the old restaurant will remain, including the pretzel-crusted cheese curds and the fried chicken and biscuit.

Lewis said the new restaurant would retain the cocktail focus of Driftwood, but the hefty 70-cocktail list would be pared down significantly.

The restaurant will offer dinner Tuesday through Saturday and brunch on Saturdays and Sundays, with possible plans to serve lunch in the future.
This isn't 100% relevant to this Pig & Pickle place, but why are St. Louis restaurants so keen on closing on Sun & Monday? I get that service workers need days off, too, but they usually have a flexible enough schedule where they can get hours off at their choosing, no? Never understood why local neighborhood restaurants don't get together and divvy up the week for their day of closure.
ricke002 wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:26 am
This isn't 100% relevant to this Pig & Pickle place, but why are St. Louis restaurants so keen on closing on Sun & Monday? I get that service workers need days off, too, but they usually have a flexible enough schedule where they can get hours off at their choosing, no? Never understood why local neighborhood restaurants don't get together and divvy up the week for their day of closure.
Yeah, I hate the Sunday one. I go out a lot that night.
ImprovSTL wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:01 am
ricke002 wrote:
I know some are closed on Sunday because they city has a separate liquor license for Sundays. At least that was what I was told at one place as to why they are closed on Sunday. I agree though, a lot of places I would go on Sundays if they were open.
jshank83 wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:15 pm
ImprovSTL wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:01 am
ricke002 wrote:
I know some are closed on Sunday because they city has a separate liquor license for Sundays. At least that was what I was told at one place as to why they are closed on Sunday. I agree though, a lot of places I would go on Sundays if they were open.
I think being closed on Monday bothered me more than Sunday. Lindenwood Park only had 1 place that I remember being open on Mondays (El Paisano).