Centene Corporation HQ's

Discuss new retail, dining, business and residential projects within the City of Clayton, the center of St. Louis County government.
First unread post1203 posts
Phase 3 is supposedly taller than phase 1.

This will be the ceiling of the skyline for years to come.
Keep in mind that future phases are subject to revision; what they actually build will depend on what's needed at that time.
The smaller tower crane that built the pavilion is now gone. I'm guessing that they may reopen that street a bit more in the coming days (which will certainly help with traffic!)
Changes coming to the residential tower?

https://nextstl.com/2018/03/will-centen ... ng-taller/
The proposed building would include five additional floors and five more units, including a full 16th-floor penthouse.

Only five more units? I welcome the extra floors but this just seems inefficient.
It looks like they might be going for an even more lux product than they already had planned since this way each apartment will have its own entrance directly off one of the two elevators. In the previous design it looks like they had 5 or 6 apts on some of the lower floors, requiring a common hall/vestibule.

At the new height it will be one floor below the Ritz. And making them as fancy as the market allows makes sense for that location alongside the Ritz, Plaza and Crescent.
GoHarvOrGoHome wrote:
The proposed building would include five additional floors and five more units, including a full 16th-floor penthouse.

Only five more units? I welcome the extra floors but this just seems inefficient.

The slimmer tower allows for a larger setback from the Crescent building. I can’t confirm but I’d guess this was a concession Centene agreed upon with residents next door.
The Steinway Tower under construction in New York will be 82 stories tall, yet contains only 60 apartments. New York really is like nowhere else on Earth (love this retro rendering):

^Cool rendering indeed!

It’s strange to me that the lot across Forsyth from Wellbridge remains empty. Like, it’s not even a parking lot, just an empty grassy field. Surprised that a development hasn’t yet been proposed for that parcel.
stlgasm wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:02 am
^Cool rendering indeed!

It’s strange to me that the lot across Forsyth from Wellbridge remains empty. Like, it’s not even a parking lot, just an empty grassy field. Surprised that a development hasn’t yet been proposed for that parcel.
My guess is that whoever owns it is holding out for Centene or another developer to overpay. It's just a matter of time... although NIMBYs to the North probably will limit the size/scope of what could be built there.
Clayco added a cam to the Centene Campus. This one is on The Plaza and if it's near the top of that building, which it looks like it is, then it gives a good perspective on how tall the new Centene Tower will rise. I check this site almost daily for the cam on 100 Kingshighway to go live.

https://app.oxblue.com/open/claycorp

BTW, the lot you guys are referring to is in the far right-hand corner of this shot.
^Wow, what a much better cam for this project. From camera 2 it looked like it was getting close but from this angle it's evident how much taller this one is going to get.

Edit: I completely missed the residential tower of phase 2c. Just had no idea that was even part of the plan. So as it stands right now if all phases get built out we are looking at 4 towers. 250' for phase 2c is not shabby at all. For reference Centene 1 is 263' so we are looking at something right in that neighborhood.

Emporis lists "2 South Central" as planned with 31 floors and 352', good for the fourth tallest including Centene 2. I need to look for that thread I feel like i've missed it. That will be another anchor on the other end of the skyline. In a matter of 4 years (from 212s construction end) Clayton is going to look completely different. It seems like it is virtually doubling in that amount of time.

I do not think this is remotely close to the end either. I really think we are going to see a very large spec multi-use building come to fruition in Clayton in the near future provided the economy stays relatively stable over the next year or so.
You can see the heights of the various towers in this graphic:

Almost time for another crane bump? Sure looks like it.
I actually have heard from those close to the project that for tower 1, the final crane height will be near 500', making it one of the tallest structures in St. Louis. Also, in pertinence to tower 3, I have heard estimates that the cranes for that tower may near 550 to 600, depending on the finalized height of the building. Also keeping in mind, these towers are quite tall and I know we all on this board are very appreciative of the height factor they are bringing but keep in mind, KC and Indy haven't seen a 400+ foot proposal/construction this millennium and many cities actually approached Centene to relocate (Dallas allegedly threw a ton of cash at a relocation bid) and they chose to stay here. Just hoping we all bask in this transformative project while it lasts.
The tower crane just got jacked up again. It's now towering along above Clayton.
^Pretty amazing Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As of today, per the Clayton pending applications list, it looks like the modification application with the additional height on the residential building has been withdrawn. Not sure why, or if/when it will be back.

Also, all of the land on the north side of Forsyth from Hanley to Lee Avenue, with the exception of the four old row buildings (7353-7525) is owned by Gershman. The bank is on a land lease, but the other land is essentially vacant and available, although it would be mid rise development at best given the residential to the north.
By my extremely inexact count I believe we have about a third left to go.

ImageImage
Viewed from the top of the hill in my hood in U City, the elevator core is within perhaps 20' of the Plaza's peak. Should catch it any day now.
Centene opens their first City of St. Louis location by Leasing 60k soft at the Highlands.

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/ ... DBFD838DDD
Per this article, and estimating other office space I know they have, they are occupying about 550,000 square feet outside of the two existing buildings they own in Clayton. That's about half of the total office space that will be built across all 4 sub districts, one of which will be a replacement not all additional space, and some of which is supposed to be rental space.

Current timelines have sub district 4 completion in 2024; I wonder if they will accelerate the timeline, or if we will see revisions with more space added to sub districts 3 and 4.