City to Blight 395 Acres Around SLU Medical

Construction activity, major renovations, office projects, etc. in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
"The St. Louis Midtown Redevelopment Corporation Envisions An Innovation Corridor Stretching From Cortex to SLU Law School"

http://eqstl.com/st-louis-midtown-redev ... aw-school/
It'll be interesting to see what gets proposed. Hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

StlToday - Wanted: developer for SLU-owned 14 acres in heart of central corridor

https://www.stltoday.com/business/local ... bb93b.html
^ A couple thoughts pop into my head when I saw this

- I assume Green streets phase II Armory hotel proposal/tower doesn't stand a chance until something gets built at this location considering its location/proximity to new hospital, access to incentives of new blighted area & ease of building/developing IMO. So wouldn't be surprised to see your typical highway cookie cutter name brand hotel pop up with ancillary development being proposed similar to what is being built on Hanley in Richmond Heights.

- My second thought, anyone think a revised MLS proposal comes back to life for this site?
I'd like to see Papin and a N-S street (Prospect?) included.
I hope we see something similar to the idea pitched at Chouteau and Jefferson. It's dense and doable. Just cut some of the building's heights down so that it doesn't get over built.
^ Is that plan moving forward, Chris? Or at least still alive?
dredger wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:36 pm
^ A couple thoughts pop into my head when I saw this

- I assume Green streets phase II Armory hotel proposal/tower doesn't stand a chance until something gets built at this location considering its location/proximity to new hospital, access to incentives of new blighted area & ease of building/developing IMO. So wouldn't be surprised to see your typical highway cookie cutter name brand hotel pop up with ancillary development being proposed similar to what is being built on Hanley in Richmond Heights.

- My second thought, anyone think a revised MLS proposal comes back to life for this site?
I don't see any chance for an MLS proposal to come to life again here, even though I think it's the best spot for it. The powers that be pretty much made Union Station their spot, granted that could always change. The Grand LRT station and the 70 Grand bus line should be a major factor when you consider where the soccer fans are coming from (South City/County) and where the stadium should go.

Having said that, I'll hold my judgment until I see some specific plans. Personally, I think if CORTEX can land a few large/new tenants in some of their proposed buildings I think that could jump start the Phase II Armory plans. Especially if City Foundry (and Armory I) takes off.
cgeenen wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:54 pm
I think it is still alive but moving incredibly slow. I wouldn't be surprise to see it redesigned in someway.
chriss752 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:33 pm
cgeenen wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:54 pm
I think it is still alive but moving incredibly slow. I wouldn't be surprise to see it redesigned in someway.
Would this be the development proposed by the HOK principle who owns some or good chunk of the property in hand alreday? I think it is relative in terms of movement as he came out with a super aggressive schedule when announced. Especially if he didn't financing or permits and so on lined up.

To bring discussion back to the immediate area and also take off from some of the N-S discussion. This seems like the opportune time to push Grand Ave BRT to step it up a notch. Go all in on redeveloping the area with a transit improvement that can be done in a relative short timeline, cost effective and a corridor with a strong transit use already in place to help push development
I'd like to see mid rise mixed use development to hopefully link to the smaller rehab project going on on the other side of Grand. And then somehow kick out Captain D's to make it an urban corner again with some more mixed use.

This section of Grand CAN come back again. I'd hope some day in the future 3 of those corners could be built up.

BRT would help too. But I'd love to see a modern streetcar. I don't think that the MLS would be a good fit here. I say if they keep the pursuit on to keep it Union Station. It will keep spurring Downtown West development.