Food truck park

Construction activity, major renovations, office projects, etc. in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/food-truck-park-coming-to-st-louis/article_652d781a-0eae-54e5-bab8-009ed2663d0c.html

Using the Liberty Bell Oil Co building, be nice to restore that. Also mentions Rockwell Beer Co opening on Vandeventer but I believe that's been mentioned elsewhere. Sounds like the Vandeventer corridor is about to blow up soon
Great news! That stretch of Vandeventer needs to be repaved and the buildings need some love. The street is an essential part to connect the grove with shaw. Hope they don't just turn it into a parking lot. The site was used as a truck scrap yard for years and is mostly dirt from what I remember.
Yeah - this is amazing. I love it - I've been shouting about Cartopia in Portland and Austin, with Rockwell Beer as part of this, I can see this park being really great!
Isn't the whole point of food trucks the fact that they come to you? With a food truck park, you have to go to them.
^Unless food trucks are pulling up to your house or place of work, you kind of have to go to them in someway right?
Here's a pic of the vacant Liberty Bell Oil Company building that would be the shared commisary. Looks like this project has a lot of work ahead to become a reality but it sounds great. And great potential for the entire stretch on up to Cortex.

Think of the food truck park like food truck friday except every day...
The stretch of Vendeventer has some really good pieces around it and this park will be a huge step towards improving the area. That abandoned gas station/warehouse area across the street looks prime for some mixed use development.
per public radio, this location is dead and backers hope to secure new spot by spring,
STLrainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:54 am
per public radio, this location is dead and backers hope to secure new spot by spring,
Interesting. I feel like Jefferson could have some great spots for this.
^ sounds like they are open to just about anywhere, including County, and possibly not just one site.

Search resumes for food truck park location in St. Louis
http://news.stlpublicradio.org/post/sea ... n-st-louis
STLrainbow wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:02 pm
Here's a pic of the vacant Liberty Bell Oil Company building that would be the shared commisary. Looks like this project has a lot of work ahead to become a reality but it sounds great. And great potential for the entire stretch on up to Cortex.

Aaaaaaaaand the building burned down last night. Good times.
Well sh*t... I thought I smelled a fire when I biked past there today... :cry:
still standing... we'll have to wait to see the extent of damage.
A vagrant called police early Thursday to say he was trapped inside a raging fire at a commercial building, then managed to get out on his own as fire crews rolled up to fight the predawn, two-alarm blaze.

Flames were coming out of every window of the sprawling, half-block brick building at 1430 South Vandeventer Avenue when firefighters arrived about 4 a.m. A police officer said he was on the phone with a man trapped inside an adjacent storage garage.

"When I got here, the cop ran up to me and said, 'There's somebody in there,'" said St. Louis Fire Battalion Chief Paul Weil. "I said, 'Really? How do you know that?' He said, 'I just talked to him on the phone.'"

But within minutes, the man appeared outside, behind the two-story building, and was talking to Weil after apparently escaping on his own. The man told Weil he had been asleep in the back of the building and woke up to see the smoke and fire. Weil said he didn't know if the man is the one who reported the fire to 911.

It took firefighters about an hour to bring the blaze under control, in the city's Botanical Heights neighborhood. One firefighter became overheated, but he was not taken to a hospital. The vagrant declined medical treatment.

The city's building division told fire officials that the building was slated to be torn down. Online property records show that it is owned by Paramount Property Development. On the east side of the building hangs a sign that says "Friendly Truck Sales & Parts." It used to be Liberty Bell Oil Co.

Weil said that since the building was abandoned and had no utilities working, the fire is considered suspicious. The cause is under investigation.

Because the fire was so large, officials say they consider it possible that an accelerant was used. However, Liberty Bell Oil had occupied the building for years, and Weil said there probably was 100 years of oil saturated into the wood structure that would have made the building highly flammable.
Slated to be torn down?
STLrainbow wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:27 am
and its not good.... maybe a front facade restoration for a completely new building is possible but that's about it. major bummer.
STLrainbow wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:21 am
STLrainbow wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:27 am
and its not good.... maybe a front facade restoration for a completely new building is possible but that's about it. major bummer.
I hope they can restore the façade. This building would make nice lofts since it is a block or two away from Manchester. Even if it has to come down, I would like the "Liberty Bell" ornamentation over the main entrance on Vandeventer. If anything, the City Museum should collect it for their "architecture museum".