St Louis Bike Share

All the ways we move people and things: trains, planes, automobiles, biking, walking, etc.
First unread post202 posts
I saw an OFO bike at Target in Brentwood last night.

I have to say compared to other cities where I have spent time that have bike share we seem to have a lot more people using them. The other cities where I used them (Nashville, St. Petersburg, FL) were a bit more expensive if I recall. I want to say in St. Pete it cost me 8 bucks for two hours.
southsidepride wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:45 pm
I saw an OFO bike at Target in Brentwood last night.

I have to say compared to other cities where I have spent time that have bike share we seem to have a lot more people using them. The other cities where I used them (Nashville, St. Petersburg, FL) were a bit more expensive if I recall. I want to say in St. Pete it cost me 8 bucks for two hours.
Yeah, I noticed that too. Seen lots of people check them out while walking or driving. I really hope it puts more pressure on the city to become more bike friendly.
City is currently taking applications for a Complete Streets Coordinator, which i assume would advocate for things like that.
Copenhagenize your city: the case for urban cycling in 12 graphs
https://www.theguardian.com/cities/gall ... ing-graphs
Easy for Copenhagen to say. It's a compact, dense, dead-flat city. What works there doesn't necessarily work elsewhere.
^ please. our elevation and density aren't the deterrents. it's our utter lack of safe bike infrastructure and our get-the-f*ck-outta-my-way-or-be-killed car culture. Amsterdam, also at 64 sq mi, is the 2nd most bike friendly city right after Copenhagen.
urban_dilettante wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:07 pm
^ please. our elevation and density aren't the deterrents. it's our utter lack of safe bike infrastructure and our get-the-f*ck-outta-my-way-or-be-killed car culture. Amsterdam, also at 64 sq mi, is the 2nd most bike friendly city right after Copenhagen.
x2, St Louis has great potential to become a bike-centric city, but it's still too unsafe to bike. We pretty much run all our weekend errands on bikes: we are based in Soulard and go to The Hill, Maplewood, Central West End, etc.
WUSTL - Bike sharing is coming to campus

https://campusnext.wustl.edu/2018/06/25 ... to-campus/
What we're using: Getting back on the smart bike saddle
The dockless bike phenomenon isn't isolated to metropolises.
https://www.engadget.com/2018/07/02/wha ... -dockless/
E-Scooters from Lime should be soft launching here on Wednesday
^well thats been now delayed til end of July, apparently they havent been able to get the E scooters here on time.
Lime pulling scooters off streets after city's cease-and-desist order
https://www.indystar.com/story/news/fak ... 761766002/
that wont be an issue here. other cities are calling STL to see how we did bike share and did it right. Lime has been working with the city on scooter role out for a while
Saw one in San Jose this week in San Jose Santana Row & snapped a photo. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lime will now be on the Uber app after this investment. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -with-lime
Bird, which is the Uber of Scooters will be launching in St.Louis soon.
dbInSouthCity wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:35 pm
Bird, which is the Uber of Scooters will be launching in St.Louis soon.
Awesome, I was waiting for this.
Forsyth in front of the Centene garage.

Lime s is showing on the map at 40 and jefferson
Per Alexis Zotos on twitter, Ofo is leaving the US.

No word on what’s going to happen here in STL.
Bird Scooters are starting service in town today
KMOV is reporting that Bird is operating without a permit. Krewson says the removal of the scooters will begin immediately.
Ofo is leaving the St. Louis market. With this departure, I would expect to see an additional dockless come into the market. My guess would be MoBike.
Chalupas54 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:13 am
KMOV is reporting that Bird is operating without a permit. Krewson says the removal of the scooters will begin immediately.
Why does Krewson hate fun! haha. I am sure they will end up getting it worked out. It isn't like a permit is that much.

Technically it says: According to officials, there is a chance the scooters could be removed "immediately."

Could and immediately don't really go together, but I digress.
jshank83 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:50 am
Chalupas54 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:13 am
Why does Krewson hate fun! haha. I am sure they will end up getting it worked out. It isn't like a permit is that much.

Technically it says: According to officials, there is a chance the scooters could be removed "immediately."

Could and immediately doing really go together, but I digress.
As much as I agree, STL did go through the effort of setting up a very straightforward permitting process to help ensure these don't get out of hand. Bird has been quite disrespectful of several other cities permitting process and blatantly ignores it. I would actually like to see STL enforce this and remove the scooters.

IMHO, it is only a matter of time before Bird is sued.