St Louis Bike Share

All the ways we move people and things: trains, planes, automobiles, biking, walking, etc.
Has anyone heard about when (or if) Mobike is launching?
stl07 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:48 pm
Has anyone heard about when (or if) Mobike is launching?
At this point, only LimeBike and Ofo have submitted completed permits for city review. With two companies starting with 1500 bikes next Monday and hundreds (potentially thousands) more phased in over the summer, I'm expecting the market is called for.
Was anyone able to try it out today
Ofo hasn't put out any bikes yet

Lime Bike had hundreds out quickly- i rode one from my building at 20th and Washington to the Arch and back. Very smooth ride using the Chestnut protected lane.

Both are $1 per ride but Lime Bike charges the 2nd dollar at 31st minute while Ofo after 1 hour

Here are locations of Lime Bike at 7:50 today. each wheel is a cluster of 5-7 bikes once you zoom in.
I downloaded the Limebike app this morning. Apparently if you register with a .edu email address you get 50% off per half hour. Haven't had a chance to take one out yet to confirm yet though.
I hope Lime and oFo do well in St. Louis, but there is always going to be some bad apples ruining these app bike share programs by dumping and vandalizing the bikes. I just hope it doesn't get out of hand as in Dallas. I was in Dallas last month and these bikes were littered all over the place. I noticed some of the bikes were broken and dumped in creeks.

Here is a piece from NBC about Dallas' bike share woes.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/innovation ... as-n866351

Even in Taipei, obike had some of their bicycles thrown into rivers too. Most however were collecting dust because either no one uses it or it was inoperable. Lots of brand new bicycles lined up and unused too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_KM4oAMhDE
Is there a map somewhere with all of the bike locations? I mean something I can access without using the app?
framer wrote: Is there a map somewhere with all of the bike locations? I mean something I can access without using the app?
Don't believe so, did a quick search and it appears the only live maps available are on the apps. Since the bikes are free to be moved and parked anywhere a dynamic map would be required.