One Hundred - Kingshighway & West Pine

Renovations and new construction in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
First unread post473 posts
Looks like the first piece of the tower crane has arrived on site. Center of picture:

It is in place! But the weird thing is the location. It is in the center of the parking portion. Image
I think it makes perfect sense. The parking podium on that end doesn't need to go up till the end as long as they can build what's required to support the tower itself first. Plus as the crane gets higher it'll need to connect to the building at some point for stability purposes.

They'll need room to the East for staging and other equipment too.
As said above, it makes plenty of sense. It's not uncommon for a crane to be in the middle of a structure, it's pretty well centered to the site, and picking up materials from the staging area to the east keeps the hook closer to the tower for more capacity vs if it went up the Kingshighway side and the hook trolley was further out the jib more often. They'll be able to tie into the east side of the building as it goes for lateral support. The hole in the garage will be filled after the crane comes down.
They will most likely build the garage out while the crane is in place and remove it after. Most of the time they have the crane situated in a future elevator shaft and complete the shaft once the crane is removed.
The crane appears to be in the intersection of two ramps for parking if this diagram is still correct.

Base of the crane in place, it is waiting on a concrete pour to set the base and then it should most likely rise pretty quickly. Looking forward to seeing a tower crane in the CWE skyline again!

Crane base has been poured. That was quick. Let's see this crane go up!
newstl2020 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:10 pm
Crane base has been poured. That was quick. Let's see this crane go up!
It will probably be a couple days or up to two weeks. The concrete has to cure a certain amount. That is one of the reason why the third crane at Ballaprk Village hasn't been risen. The final height of this crane (to the maximum tip) will be 430 feet tall. The arm must clear the roof of the building by at least 25 feet.
Crane going up now

That's quicker than I expected, but I'll never complain about a crane going up.
The crane will surely make a difference form Art Hill.
This was at 5:30 this evening. They have four more pieces of the crane to raise which will push it up 80 feet or so.

These things always seem so light and fragile up in the sky, but seeing them up close and in person at street level you really get a sense for just how massive they really are.
They've been working to raise the crane all morning so far. This is going to be very visible to commuters come Monday.
The crane is highly visible from tons of places. I couldn't stop on Hampton but it is visible form the Hampton Bridge over Manchester and visible for a split second at Hampton and Oakland. I started taking pictures at Art Hill. Those are featured below...

Then came West Pine and Grand Drive...

Then West Pine and Kingshighway...

Then came the coolest shots from West Pine by the Orion and Shake Shack. These really show the diversity in Architecture with another to come...

I have more photos in my "One Hundred" album on Flickr.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/132292918 ... 0308410958
How tall is this tower crane right now? Looks to be about 175 or 200ft.
STL4Life wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:38 pm
I would guess 275 feet considering it isn't as tall as the Chase Park Plaza (308 feet) but it is substantially taller than the neighboring Park Frontenac (180 feet).
This is something new I found this afternoon. Apartments.com now has a webpage up for One Hundred. While it isn't fully finished yet (no floor plans, renderings or rents) it does give us a breakdown of how many units of what (Studio, 1, 2 and 3 Bedrooms) are going to be in the building. The breakdown goes like this...

Studio: 35
1 Bedroom: 120
2 Bedroom: 120
3 Bedroom: 30
Total Number of Units is 305.

I remember that at the groundbreaking they said that rent here would go for $3 per square foot which is a premium and on par with the rest of Central West End to my knowledge.

Link: https://www.apartments.com/one-hundred- ... o/67vfehs/
chriss752 wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:51 am
STL4Life wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:38 pm
I would guess 275 feet considering it isn't as tall as the Chase Park Plaza (308 feet) but it is substantially taller than the neighboring Park Frontenac (180 feet).
Yea, I never thought about that. I counted the pieces and it looks like there is 14 of them, which if each piece is 20 feet, that would equal 280ft. Seems unusually high to start out but then again its a small footprint so they probably want to limit the amount of times to jump the height. Now, if they could start on that damn One Cardinal Way crane, that would be great! :roll: :roll: :roll:
Are they going to adjust the webcam now that the tower crane has risen? We need to see that baby in all its glory!
STL4Life wrote:Are they going to adjust the webcam now that the tower crane has risen? We need to see that baby in all its glory!
Most likely not. They’ll probably add another camera later on somewhere else like they did for Centene but you never know.
Lots of permit activity. 37 floors? Typo?

LCRA Electrical 07/09/2018 07/09/2018 BLVD $8,000,000.00 #104047.134 JMB 316 UNITS, 37 FLOORS
LCRA Building 06/29/2018 07/09/2018 316 RES/COMM $1,536,000.00 INSTALL SPRINKLER SYSTEM, STANDPIPES & FIRE PUMP PER PLANS
LCRA 06/28/2018 07/05/2018 BLVD $7,000,000.00 100 N Kingshighway
LCRA 06/04/2018 07/06/2018 06/04/2018 BLVD $10,000.00 100 Kinsghighway Domestic Water Svc
LCRA Mechanical 05/31/2018 06/27/2018 BLVD $12,000,000.00 100 N Kingshighway