One Hundred - Kingshighway & West Pine

Renovations and new construction in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
First unread post422 posts
^ Definitely going full steam ahead on sub surface foundation work.

Looks like at least three caisson drill rigs on top of the two cranes but not quite sure the type of subsurface work going on as a traditional caisson is replacing the drilled dirt/soil with rebar cage and concrete to create a piling in place by using existing ground as your form. Those drill holes look relatively big but the amount of dirt piled up, stockpiled seems minimal while I doubt one occasional truck of concrete would keep up with the pace. Anyone with a good explanation of the details? Are they grouting the soil, or essential forming one big block of cemented soil to tie the structure into?
framer wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:51 pm
There's a big new mobile crane on site.
That didn't last long. It was disassembled today and a ton of small holes are being drilled now based on the webcam.
Four concrete trucks on site at the same time today (3:20 PM). Must be some serious pouring going on.
framer wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:34 pm
Four concrete trucks on site at the same time today (3:20 PM). Must be some serious pouring going on.
They're filling each drilled hole / pier / anchor / whatever the technical term is one by one as they are ready. This is also why the mobile crane is there and gone repeatedly.

Having watching the progress over the past weeks, the placement and diameter of these drilled holes certainly seems random or sporadic. I can't figure out any pattern that correlates to the building layout itself. If anyone has extra time and is bored, you could probably watch the time lapse day by day and mark each hole and its diameter... would also probably give us a better idea as to how many more they're goind to drill before they move onto the next phase of construction.

Here's what i was able to get from the downloadable timelapse. It may still just be early, but i'm not seeing any pattern here.
I know it's like watching water boil, but I check the webcam every day, just waiting for the first sign of one of the columns rising above ground level.
I'm still completely confused by the locations of the foundations they've drilled and poured thus far. I looked up the bentonite process and that makes sense... but I agree. This one just feels like they're going at a really really slow pace.
I also find it strange that no additional renderings have been released by now. There’s not even an image of the tower on the construction fence.
Everyone is anxious to see progress and can't wait until this building adorns our skyline. There has been so much progress in the CWE over the last ten years. Don't let the much anticipated building of this structure over the next 18-24 months cause any heart attacks. Be patient.
CWESTL wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 5:47 pm
Everyone is anxious to see progress and can't wait until this building adorns our skyline. There has been so much progress in the CWE over the last ten years. Don't let the much anticipated building of this structure over the next 18-24 months cause any heart attacks. Be patient.
I... can't... too.. exci

-RBB
Interesting trio of pilings forming an arc in the lower left.

Some interesting new forms starting to appear:

no basement?
^^ i wonder if they're not just excavating at the moment (supposedly the previous building's foundation is still down there) rather than pouring pilings in random locations. that trio of "pilings" ^^^ seems to have become a pit ^^.
Update from the cam today. Foundations are starting to come together. This will be an interesting structure to watch go up by the looks of things. The bottom left looks to be coming together in preparation to go vertical.

I guess four drills (along with the crane, forklift, two backhoes, two bobcats, and skyjack) just wasn't enough. They had to bring in that fifth red one.

The amount of activity on that tiny site is dizzying.
I noticed that Clayco's website says that this will have a reinforced concrete structure. I had assumed it would be steel, given the unusual angles and such.
Looking at the camera today, they're definitely prepping to pour some above-grade, first-floor columns. Rebar is in place in the lower left corner.

This is when it gets good!
I drove by this morning, and I think it's safe to say that this bad boy is officially above ground!
^Exciting to see this happening

I think, based on looking at the time-lapse video so far, that where the drills are now will be the last holes drilled. After the holes are reinforced, filled in and then excavated, we could see the whole site look like the Southwest Corner by July 2nd (that is my estimate). It amazes me how we didn't get to this point sooner as there were 4 drills on a fairly small site. After this, I would give it until Mid to late July that we see the Crane go up. followed closely by the beginning of the second floor. The parking podium is going to take a while as it requires the construction of ramps and what not. After the podium is finished, this thing will soar into the sky.

In other news, It has been 108 days since the start of construction.
Went by the site today and took these photos. Can't wait to see construction pick up, which I would expect to be soon. The current supports are probably 15 feet above the ground, so the height of the first floor.

ImageOne Hundred Rises
ImageOne Hundred Rises

Then I took this photo last August from Art Hill. It really shows how tall One Hundred will be. I would guess that after the 25th floor we would see it rising from this view.

ImageCentral West End Skyline

Overall, as discussed on here before, the site really isn't that big. The garage part will take the longest to do as it has ramps and is on the largest part of the site. The tower is only half of the podium/parking base so it should really fly past floor 5.
^Cool. Great to see things going vertical. Also, I didn't expect to see Citizen Park from Art Hill.