Lofts @ Euclid 625 N Euclid

Renovations and new construction in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
Euclid Plaza is set to be rehabbed into loft apartments:
http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/euclid-plaza-building-to-be-redone-as-apartments/article_3bbe78fb-1c08-589f-a1e8-6a272b5cc623.html

This building is special to me because it's where I spent practically every Saturday during my high school years when my brother and I produced a live local origination cable TV show on Double Helix Television (operated by KDHX, which is an acronym for K-Double Helix if you didn't know). The Double Helix studio was located on the first floor of the building (then called Central West Plaza). The building had such an urban vibe. At the time (mid-'90s), there was a soul food restaurant, Ann's Hat Shop, a post office, a hot dog stand, and a number of other eclectic enterprises, which was such an exciting contrast to my suburban upbringing in Creve Coeur. I fell in love with the City of St. Louis in large part because of the experiences I had in this building.

As great as it is that this project will help stabilize the northern edge of the CWE, I must admit that it will lose a little bit of its gritty soul. I mean, yeah, the building is rather dingy and dated, but it's just an old mixed-use city building bustling with activity and all different kinds of people. Cities need buildings like this.

Above all, I really hope the "Sky's the Limit" mural on the west wall is restored. It is so awesome, and dates back to 1977!!! Last year, Red Brick Management solicited artists to help restore it. I will be pissed if it is removed.
^I know what you mean; I used to walk up the block to use the Post Office and grab a West End Word at least once a week. Before that, I remember when Missouri Butcher was in the building next door.
From April 23

That's awesome. Seems like this area should be ripe for redevelopment. Gaslight square has infilled parts of Olive and McPherson, but Washington Ave. still has a lot of empty/abandoned lots. I haven't heard from X3 lately.

If I had the money, this might be the area where I buy a vacant lot and have a home built. I have a feeling that eventually we're going to have a street car going all the way down Delmar.
North, South, East and West, CWE is on a tear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wabash wrote:
North, South, East and West, CWE is on a tear.

The great day is when the CWE growth pushes across the Delmar divide.
Man, I would love to renovate a house facing Fountain Park.
Believe I got the right story with right thread. As Wabash noted earlier, CWE on a tear.

Didn't realize the connection that Cullinan Properties also did Streets of Charles. Any rumors that Cullinan properties might be looking at other CWE projects?

http://www.stltoday.com/business/column ... 9ca30.html

Cullinan Properties says its [email protected], a St. Louis apartment project in the Central West, is 50 percent leased.

The building at 625 North Euclid Avenue has 87 loft apartments and ground-floor commercial space. [email protected], formerly known as Euclid Plaza, was built in 1910 for Langan & Taylor Co. The architect was the firm of Widman and Walsh.
Not sure how I feel about the scooped out entrance they are creating at the north-east corner. Other than that this has rehab has been done quite well.
StlToday - Fields Foods opening grocery store in Central West End
Fields Foods will occupy 8,186 square feet of space at the property at 625 N. Euclid, the chain said Tuesday. The store will open later this year.
https://www.stltoday.com/business/local ... bae14.html
Hope the grocery store happens, but can't help being a bit skeptical. Fields Foods has had only one store for several years and expects to add three in a relatively short time. Because grocery stores are notorious for slim profit margins, I hope they can be sustainable without putting the whole concept out of businesses.
southcitygent wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:16 am
Hope the grocery store happens, but can't help being a bit skeptical. Fields Foods has had only one store for several years and expects to add three in a relatively short time. Because grocery stores are notorious for slim profit margins, I hope they can be sustainable without putting the whole concept out of businesses.
I also am very concerned about that but hope they can do it.