Connected2045

All the ways we move people and things: trains, planes, automobiles, biking, walking, etc.
Looks like more of the same to me. Money committed to sprawling highways and key transit corridors listed as "illustrative", meaning not a snowball chance in hell. What do you guys think of this weak plan?

http://www.ewgateway.org/download/conne ... 2045-1.pdf
I think it has a lot of pretty pictures and colors :D

Also every major project, road or metro is illustrative in reality. neither agency has the money to build any of those or plans too.
^ very pretty, low on substance, nobody held accountable, no financial plan....sounds like OneSTL.
goat314 wrote:
^ very pretty, low on substance, nobody held accountable, no financial plan....sounds like OneSTL.

tho i am a bit surprised that metro decided to move theirs to the dusty shell known as illustrative, which tells me they have no plan what so ever to build those...none.
We need Action2020 for transit & bike/ped.
Two things I noticed that annoy me but really it doesn't matter...

-The STL Streetcar now is estimated at $410 million not the ~$210 million originally given.
-N/S Metrolink ext is estimated at $2.27 billion...woah.

Good luck ever getting the state to swallow that number.
^ those are year of construction figures. A gallon of milk will cost $58 in the year 2115 (estimated N/S construction date), too!
Pat, streetcar might be $210 in today's dollars but it isn't being built today...i think somewhere in the plan they note the inflation factor...plus the numbers include so many years of operating costs.
Right. Makes sense.

At least they recognize the N/S line as a priority over the three county extension options.

Does anyone know how to find financial or other statistical data for the city of St. Louis? Is it even collected anywhere?

I'd like to know how much money is generated in various industries like hotels, car rentals, alcohol cigarettes, property and sales taxes based on geography, etc.

Any ideas?

Its going to be tough and a long wait to ever get the state to back transit in a meaningful manner. I'd like to know if it is even feasible for the City to generate the capital necessary to build more transit. Or how much funds are possible to be raised through various tax combinations.

I'd imagine that business don't like to divulge their revenue generously so it likely isn't easy information for the public to access.
Thanks. Helpful.

I wonder if there's a way to find out revenues of industries that aren't taxed by the city. I'll keep searching.
There's money. MSD is spending $4.7B over 20 years. Yes, because we're forced to.
Right. It'd be great to have an easy way of quantifying the money available. Such as how much money could be generated with with 1% alcohol tax, or a tax on car rentals, cigarettes, TDD? Actually have numbers to discuss to see what's even possible for improving transit or other areas (education, city buildings, historic building preservation...)
What is the I-70 connector for $15B from IL-3 to I-70?
Is there anything about ari travel in it?
Connected2045 Long-Range Transportation Plan Update Survey

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... Q/viewform