Railway Exchange Building- The Next Chapter

Downtown construction activity, including hotel projects, major renovations, office projects, streetscape improvements, etc.
OMG if we can get city target to occupy the bay next door to Square those two signs would look totes def next to one another.
STLrainbow wrote:^ Here's the story:

Railway Exchange developer courts Square
https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/new ... quare.html

The developer of the downtown Railway Exchange Building is courting mobile payments startup Square as a tenant, he said Wednesday.

But Amos Harris cautioned that deal — and the whole redevelopment — are far from a sure thing...

The Business Journal reported in April that Square was looking for as much as 80,000 square feet of office space, either near its current offices in the Cortex innovation district or downtown...

Harris said his goal is to start construction in August.
Quite frankly, maybe Hudson Holdings (who I am assuming is still the developer) can’t start on the lower floors of the building, like Alterra and the Jefferson Arms. It would make the street level better and would reopen one of Downtown’s largest buildings. We need this to happen and if Square can be brought Downtown, it would break a glass ceiling as it would actually mean that a company would be moving to Downtown instead of leaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Excellent!
Does it come with the bike share???????????
chriss752 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:32 pm
We need this to happen and if Square can be brought Downtown, it would break a glass ceiling as it would actually mean that a company would be moving to Downtown instead of leaving.

This was announced last week.

Engineering firm moving operations to downtown St. Louis
https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/new ... wn-st.html

The local operations of AECOM, one of St. Louis’ largest engineering firms, plans to move from its office in the Highlands to downtown St. Louis.

The firm has signed a lease to occupy 17,000 square feet on the 20th floor of Bank of America Tower (100 N. Broadway), said David Kelpe of Cushman Wakefield, who helped broker the deal on behalf of the building owner, Hertz Investment Group in Woodland Hills, California.
stlien wrote:
chriss752 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:32 pm
We need this to happen and if Square can be brought Downtown, it would break a glass ceiling as it would actually mean that a company would be moving to Downtown instead of leaving.

This was announced last week.

Engineering firm moving operations to downtown St. Louis
https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/new ... wn-st.html

The local operations of AECOM, one of St. Louis’ largest engineering firms, plans to move from its office in the Highlands to downtown St. Louis.

The firm has signed a lease to occupy 17,000 square feet on the 20th floor of Bank of America Tower (100 N. Broadway), said David Kelpe of Cushman Wakefield, who helped broker the deal on behalf of the building owner, Hertz Investment Group in Woodland Hills, California.
Square would be even bigger as it would occupy a currently abandoned building.
A little off topic, but the New York Times had an article a while back about the real estate value of former Macy's buildings, especially in downtown areas: Grand Buildings Help Keep Macy’s Afloat
So troubled Hudson Holdings sold its Huntington Bank Building in Cleveland for $40M... seems to have made a bit of a windfall but not sure. Anyway, they have a lot of problems but who knows, maybe this will help them get RR/X done. W/o the involvement of local partners I wouldn't have any hope for them being able to redevelop the RR/X, but maybe there is a chance.

http://realestate.cleveland.com/realest ... level.html
^They need to fix this building. So sad when all of this work is going on nearby. Cannon Design and some other firm has their name up on the building at street level. I’m starting to think Hudson Holdings is going to be a organization that screws us over on this project.
chriss752 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 4:04 pm
^They need to fix this building. So sad when all of this work is going on nearby. Cannon Design and some other firm has their name up on the building at street level. I’m starting to think Hudson Holdings is going to be a organization that screws us over on this project.
What do you mean, "screw us over"?
stlien wrote:
chriss752 wrote:
Sit on the building for years and years and don’t do anything to it. That’s what I mean by “screw us over”. The least they could do it restore it in phases so that it doesn’t sit there rotting.
chriss752 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:04 pm
stlien wrote:
chriss752 wrote:
Sit on the building for years and years and don’t do anything to it. That’s what I mean by “screw us over”. The least they could do it restore it in phases so that it doesn’t sit there rotting.
Considering Hudson purchased the building for around $20m, they're probably "screwing" themselves over more so than the locals. I think the actual concern should be changes to the historic tax credit at the state level that will probably keep this in limbo for the rest of the year.