Citizen Park: Lindell @ North Euclid

Renovations and new construction in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
First unread post375 posts
goat314 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:24 pm
^ building looks much better than renderings.
Yeah, much. I think it's that the colors are more muted in real life verses the last renderings:

It's like they went with the color pallette from the prior revision:

-RBB
Opens tomorrow night. No retail announced yet?
This is a really good looking building. So much better than what was there before.

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.6432848 ... 56!6m1!1e1

And it makes the adjacent Bank of America building look so much better.

As someone else mentioned on here before, it'd be nice to get the utility lines buried along Euclid.

Now on to that south west corner...
The rumor has been Walgreens but the space seems a little small for a cvs/Walgreens doesn't it?
My hope is a retailer like north face/Nike, just to add to the shopping options in the district. Doesn't seem like a convenience store would be needed but maybe. I wonder what other possible tenants have shown interest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.stltoday.com/business/column ... bac6b.html

No mention of retail, but mention of open house tomorrow night and rents ranging from $1,300 to $5K.
user28 wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 2:36 pm
The rumor has been Walgreens but the space seems a little small for a cvs/Walgreens doesn't it?
My hope is a retailer like north face/Nike, just to add to the shopping options in the district. Doesn't seem like a convenience store would be needed but maybe. I wonder what other possible tenants have shown interest

To add to the rumor swirl, I heard a fitness place might be in the mix. Redundant of course with Pure Barre, Sante at the Chase and Fitness Formula within a block radius.
I kind of wish the Shake Shack would just go in this one instead. It's ready to go. The other building still has 6 months or so left?
Per the BJ. 20% leased. Still no announcement on the retail.
Makes sense. I would imagine it'll become more leased throughout the summer. College kids are leaving for the summer (even if they college kids aren't the target market, having increased market supply could slow the demand here) and any new rental building sees an initial leasing slowly roll in.
Hopefully this fills up quickly as it's a good comp for any potential One Hundred lenders.
Orange Theory Fitness might be a going in. They had a tent set up today out front.

I stopped by to speak with on of their spokespeople last weekend. Apparently, Orange Theory is planning on opening in Citizen Park in October.
Walking by the building for the first time, I noticed these drains coming out of each facade -- they are dumping water right onto the sidewalk. What? Is this gutter/storm water?

condensation from AC units?
When I had a 2 story carriage house built a couple years ago, the city required that there be a drain in the middle of the flat roof and that it drain out of one side through a scupper very similar to this one. I suspect it's draining the third floor deck area.
I do think it's insulting to pedestrians. Could imagine injuries resulting from patches of ice in the winter.
^ A well placed large potted plant would seem to do the trick.
dredger wrote:^ A well placed large potted plant would seem to do the trick.
^Good call. That'd do it.
I suspect it's national code. In most other municipalities you can't connect downspouts to storm drains anymore. That's likely true here as well. Columbia, as I recall, won't even let you build a drain under the sidewalk now. Probably national code and probably related to sewer system settlements. Which seems ill-considered, as stormwater on the roadway might be every bit as much of a safety issue as overflow sewage in the River des Peres. Quite possibly more. And stormwater issues in Columbia were already abysmal twenty years ago. And they're only getting worse.
^There is no national code. But any similarity with Columbia could be explained by the same state code applying.
[quote=rbb post_id=281334 time=1491237158 user_id=774]
Yeah, much. I think it's that the colors are more muted in real life verses the last renderings:

[img]https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2928/3365 ... c738_c.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

I think this is one of the best looking new buildings around town. I also think it will age well.
The "availability" section of their website is not perfectly clear, but it looks like there are 101 units available of the 217 total. So apparently up over the 50% mark 5 months after opening.
http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/d ... dcfd1.html

"The team behind the 2-year-old restaurant (and 2-time STL 100 honoree) Retreat Gastropub have announced a new project: Yellowbelly, focused on seafood and rum-based cocktails, will open in mid-2018 in the new Citizen Park building at the corner of Lindell Boulevard and North Euclid Avenue in the Central West End."

Not sure b/w this and the gym how much more retail space may still be available for lease.
Retreat is very good, so this should be another good addition to CWE
Based on that limited description, I hope they go full tiki bar with it.
wabash wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:36 pm
Based on that limited description, I hope they go full tiki bar with it.
Can't tell if this is a joke since it says in the article they won't do that.