4101 Laclede 55 Luxury condos

Renovations and new construction in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
Does anyone know of any plans for the development of the Northwest corner of Laclede and Sarah?

Stop yelling at us!!! Please do not type in all caps!!!

What is there now?

It is currently a vacant lot, and has been for years. There was a proposal at one time to build an apartment (or condo?) building, but that was at least 7 or 8 years ago. The parcel seems like a developer's dream-- great central location and a perfectly sized lot. I hope something happens soon.

Another undeveloped lot that continually shocks me-- the northwest corner of Des Peres and Pershing in the Skinky-D. Hello??? That location is amazing! Right by Forest Park, Wash. U., The Loop, MetroLink, Forest Park Parkway, etc. Much too valuable to be a grassy field.

The Laclede/Sarah corner was owned for many years by a local couple who have been major residential owners/managers for decades. They also played a key role in a recent major CWE project. I'm not sure if they still own it, but they always talked about their desire to develop the lot. I really can't imagine why they never did. They are true supporters of St. Louis' urban core (no, it's not the Gills).

^Would that be the Sallers?

I believe the owners are the Smith's (Chris and Katie).

According to GEO St. Louis, the Sallers still own it.

The St. Louis Assessor's website shows the owners as "Sarah & Laclede, LLC", owned by the Sallers residing at 6210 Westminster Place. When you enter 6210 Westminster in the GEO or Assessor's website, you get "Smith, Chistopher B & Katie J".

Very confusing.

I believe the Westminster address is where the Sallers used to live. They recently moved into the City, east of Kingshighway.

Such a great location - I can't believe it's still vacant.

STLgasm wrote:
It is currently a vacant lot, and has been for years. There was a proposal at one time to build an apartment (or condo?) building, but that was at least 7 or 8 years ago. The parcel seems like a developer's dream-- great central location and a perfectly sized lot. I hope something happens soon.

Another undeveloped lot that continually shocks me-- the northwest corner of Des Peres and Pershing in the Skinky-D. Hello??? That location is amazing! Right by Forest Park, Wash. U., The Loop, MetroLink, Forest Park Parkway, etc. Much too valuable to be a grassy field.

Both of those vacant lots bother me. Then there's the mother lode of vacant lots- the surface lot on the SW corner of Kingshighway and Lindell boulevards. The younger Koplar says he has big ideas for that lot, but it only took his family 20 or 30 years to get Maryland Plaza looking respectable, so I won't hold my breath for anything there anytime soon. :lol:

Understand that I'm not trying to be critical of developers, especially in this economy. I'm just daydreaming about our urban fabric, how far it's come, and what it could be with just a few more developments in key spots. 8)

ThreeOneFour wrote:
STLgasm wrote:
Then there's the mother lode of vacant lots- the surface lot on the SW corner of Kingshighway and Lindell boulevards. 8)

Is this not part of Forest Park? I thought that memorial fountain was from the Park?

FloPoErich wrote:
STLgasm wrote:
Then there's the mother lode of vacant lots- the surface lot on the SW corner of Kingshighway and Lindell boulevards. 8)

Is this not part of Forest Park? I thought that memorial fountain was from the Park?

I think he meant SE corner.

hen there's the mother lode of vacant lots- the surface lot on the SW corner of Kingshighway and Lindell boulevards. The younger Koplar says he has big ideas for that lot, but it only took his family 20 or 30 years to get Maryland Plaza looking respectable, so I won't hold my breath for anything there anytime soon.

i won't hold my breath either. how long with this lot be vacant? 20, 50 more years? why did they tear down the apartment building that used to face FP? anyone have pics?

^^The Ambassador Hotel burned down. I have an aerial pic of Kingshighway when the building was there- I will have to scan it.

The extraction of the existing foundations may have been a deterrent to some developers not wanting to sink exorbitant amounts of money into site preparation.
^Nice. After they tweak the design a bit, this should be a great addition to a booming area. Let's hope the neighbors don't nix it because of the "mental illness" factor.
Anyone know if this project is moving forward?

Also, it is great to see a gastropub that will be run by the former Bailey's Range manager will open up across the street at 6 North

http://www.feastmagazine.com/the-feed/a ... 9f7a3.html

I'm still disappointed that West End Lofts won't have a retail spot.
That 6 North space had been difficult to lease because it lacked a kitchen. Sounds like they're putting one in now.
Joe @JoeRoddy

Excited to introduce this project at 4101 Laclede. Meets CWE Form-Based Code, First Floor Retail, 55 For Sale Condos
^What a tease!
I like the design a lot.

Fotos from NextStl
http://nextstl.com/2015/12/first-centra ... 1-laclede/
moorlander wrote:
I like the design a lot.

Fotos from NextStl
http://nextstl.com/2015/12/first-centra ... 1-laclede/

I do like the design and the first floor retail.

Man its been an amazing couple of weeks of announcements for the central core to Clayton