4101 Manchester

Renovations and new construction in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
Realistically, what could you fit there? I guess they are closing Chouteau at Chroma, so it would be a little less of an island. But it is still rather small of a plot to do much with.
gopherlou wrote: I thought I read before of a connected project with the wedge parcel directly east of this site, is there any work being done to that or it is staying the same for now?
Never heard of a project for that wedge besides the Art Park that is currently going in. It is to small to be built on for any real building.
chriss752 wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:36 pm
Never heard of a project for that wedge besides the Art Park that is currently going in. It is to small to be built on for any real building.
That must have been it. I was thinking it was a pocket park or something similar.
Any update on this one? Did construction officially begin?
chaifetz10 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:59 am
Any update on this one? Did construction officially begin?
No construction yet. The fence has been up but nothing else. Last I heard, they were supposed to start in December, so there is still time. It was pushed back slightly for no given reason. I'll check in again with them and see what's up.

Update: Spencer got back to me and said that he is planning on initiating site prep work in early December. He says it will entail foundation work and utility work.
WUMCRC posted these on Twitter. I edited them to make them more visible. A sizable hole has formed.
^Brilliant! Glad to see this underway.
The hole sure has grown in the past 10 days. I am expecting to see a foundation drill on site soon. The art wall is also coming down. I don't think we know how transformative this will truly be.

chriss752 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:27 pm
chriss752 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:11 pm
I don't think we know how transformative this will truly be.
I don't think so either, but I'm starting to get an idea. Going off the first pic of your last post, this could eventually be one of the most urban intersections in the city, and certainly one of the cooler ones. Is that gas station still there? For some reason I thought they tore that down but it kind of looks like the canopy is still there. If they can get that replaced with a nice corner building and that other wedge project just up the road gets done this is really going to be a neat (neater) area.
^Replacing that surface lot behind the Chouteau Building might have an even bigger impact. The gas station is ever so slightly off the main drag, but the surface lot will be right in the thick of it. Could be a great spot for the right mixed use.
The hole has been filled in with rocks and leveled. Foundation equipment should arrive soon. Based on what I have heard, we could begin seeing this thing rise by Late March/Early April (which is slow).
Permit issued for drilling piers.
Anxiously awaiting. Hopefully, Spencer Development does more in St. Louis.