One Hundred - Kingshighway & West Pine

Renovations and new construction in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
First unread post496 posts
^ Why yes it could! When I saw geoff w. tweet 40 story prediction I was thinking Kingshighway and Lindell, Pine didn't register with me.
Incredible photo found on instagram. Beautiful. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just a teaser here. This is the kind of work that the rumored architect of this rumored tower is capable of. Everyone knows The Aqua in Chicago, but check out this new addition to the American Museum of Natural History in NY:

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/blog/la ... ion-101216
I want a 40 floor building to be built ASAP. That will surely add to the growing CWE area.

Prepare to be disappointed Chris. I have a feeling the cost of higher floors limits the height by a lot. We're looking at something shorter than the chase at both sites. I wish both sites were tall towers but I doubt they will be more stunning than the orion

Ehh, I'm placing my money on something around the height of the Park East. Nothing like 40 floors (which NIMBYs would probably go crazy if it were ever even proposed... well, more crazy than they already do for any development!) but something in the 310-330 foot range would go nicely with the Chase and Park East.
looking forward to the new renderings. I wonder if this will draw interest to and/or draw increased interest in developing highrises on the lots at Lindell/Kingshighway and Lindell/Euclid
I saw the latest renderings last week. This high rise will be unlike any other high rise in St Louis. Every unique.
^Can't wait to see it. BTW, Jeanne Gang has a 98-story tower going up right now in Chicago. Of course I know we're not getting anything like that, but her firm does impressive work. Time to shake up St. Louis!
CWESTL wrote:
I saw the latest renderings last week. This high rise will be unlike any other high rise in St Louis. Every unique.

So in other words, it will be a "landmark" of sorts

I hope more information and renderings come out tomorrow.
chriss752 wrote:
I hope more information and renderings come out tomorrow. They should according to NextSTL on Twitter

?
chriss752 wrote:
I hope more information and renderings come out tomorrow. They should according to NextSTL on Twitter

Alex Ihnen wrote:
chriss752 wrote:

?

I read wrong. It says sources tell us the developer will be announcing plans for a Tower at Kingshighway/West Pine.

I am sorry for causing confusion by posting what I wrote earlier.

CWESTL wrote:

Care to share any details? Like height? :D
Alex--good guess. Thanks for helping publicize the town hall meeting. Post will have details and rendering shortly.
Well this is incredibly exciting. Cheers this weekend to something very tall and architecturally forward. What a huge difference this has a chance to make on the perception of the city! Cool!
I hope 40 story but will be happy with 30 ;)
STLToday article stating it will be 36 stories http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/ ... um=twitter
lmao is that real?
Definitely a break-out design for St. Louis.

It's modern and "sassy" just enough without going overboard. It's a departure from the commonplace brick-and-mortar designs of the CWE, yet still conservative enough to respect the regality of earlier structures.

I really like it and how it will contrast with the vintage towers. I also like the "flowering" design - particularly being across from Forest Park. This is a great, thoughtful design.

If built, this will give St. Louis permission to be more daring with avant-garde architecture.

It's time for St. Louis to take design risks and this does it.

It used to be that way.

Build it now!

Very European - London, Paris - and New York too.

Way to go, St. Louis!
goat314 wrote:

Oh jeez. At least it looks interesting. Wish it was a few floors taller and about 60 feet taller. But You Can't Always Get What You Want. But I hope more things of this design are built here, it opens us up to more new ideas for architecture. I am looking forward to this rising though.
I'm psyched for this tower. It will really add to the cwe and give a sense of "skyscraper district".

Can't wait for what could come next door at the corner on Lindell. Even taller maybe?!