Rainier Apartments - 5539-51 Pershing

Renovations and new construction in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
Via the preservation board agenda and nextstl.

(I'll update when a clearer image comes out)
^ nice... looks like it will be a bit bigger in scale than its neighbors on that side of the street. Doesn't look like they have rooftop tennis courts, though, which would have been nice.
Anyone ever hear any rumblings about the parking lot that is more or less across the street on Pershing? It seems pretty sizable may be the only lot left on the block after this development.
I think this could be attributed to the Loop Trolley. It's only a few blocks from MetroLink and the Loop Trolley.
^ It certainly can't hurt. My big question is when are we going to see TOD at the parking lot... seems like it would have high demand.

billikens&bricks wrote:
Anyone ever hear any rumblings about the parking lot that is more or less across the street on Pershing? It seems pretty sizable may be the only lot left on the block after this development.

I haven't heard anything but it seems like it would be attractive for redevelopment.... that could be a lot of apartments in that gap.
Nice massing, etc., but come on...every new apartment project looks exactly the same these days.
I'm not sure what the status of that parking lot is now, but when I lived in the neighborhood, I seem to recall it being used by tenants. Not sure where they would park if a new building were to be built there, but maybe a portion of the lot could be used for infill.
That parking lot is chronically under utilized. It's a testament to the over demolition of the area when it was redeveloped ~1980. A portion could be used for a new building without any problem.
^ Does anyone know exactly who owns that parking lot? I am not sure if it is an association of building owners to provide parking for tenants but hopefully whomever owns it is open to at least partial infill. Fortunately with the Rainier Apts. the parcel is such that they can provide some parking jutting into the rear of a neighboring property.
According to my property data set it's owned by

CENTRAL PERSHING PARKING ASSOC INC
C/O MILLS PROPERTIES INC
2650 S HANLEY RD STE 200
quincunx wrote:
That parking lot is chronically under utilized. It's a testament to the over demolition of the area when it was redeveloped ~1980. A portion could be used for a new building without any problem.

That's good to hear. Add in a few more infill projects and DeBaliviere Place will be poised to add a decent number of residents in the next census.
I would assume that a few more infills will be happening if Wexford/CORTEX can break ground on next phase of US Metals site. The BJC/Wash U must be a huge driver of the current projects popping up. In regards to Wash U, does anyone expect or see another Wash U supported project in or around the loop and or Delmar station in the near future? Wash U might not be Bi-state but they seem to be pushing for more density and towards Belmar station. A big plus for U City, City itself and Metrolink.

I think Metor/Bi-state Development did some great work in doing and providing visions of TOD development. However, you wonder where they are at in terms of real estate capabilities. Thinking in terms of the fact that BART out here in the Bay area has gotten TOD projects off the ground and looks like they will get another round breaking ground with the hot real estate market. BART I assume has built a real estate knowledge base and capacity that I assume Bi-State is working towards but not there yet.

The other thought, biz journals had a nice interview with lawyer involved in New Market Tax credits. I wonder if any of the New Market tax credits players have something in the works for the next round that is suppose to be announced in the near future? A new Boyle street station, upgraded Euclid station and continue build up around FP Station must have someone's attention.
framer wrote:
Nice massing, etc., but come on...every new apartment project looks exactly the same these days.

Was by West Pine Lofts today.... I liked it and seems to have enough variation to stand out from others I've seen so far, like the new one on Pershing/Union. I also really liked the nice interaction of the first floor with Sarah.... iirc they'll have an internal use at least initially but it does look like a retail use could move in rather easily when they think market conditions warrant.
quincunx wrote:
According to my property data set it's owned by

CENTRAL PERSHING PARKING ASSOC INC
C/O MILLS PROPERTIES INC
2650 S HANLEY RD STE 200

Richard Bose wrote a nextStl piece on that lost last year. Five buildings were demolished to make way for it.
http://nextstl.com/2014/01/pershing-parking-math/
The project will have 117 units, according to this Post-Dispatch article...

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/ ... bcb41.html
They've demoed the pool and pool house.

Any update on development on 5539 Pershing? We live right behind that lot and are worried about what's going to go there...what kind of neighbors and how big it's going to be.

The lights on the temporary parking lot are waaaaayyyy to bright. Who would we contact to get them pointed down or put in "Dark Sky" compliant lights???
I expect it will be a parking lot until 5510 is finished.

Contact the Citizen's Service Bureau
https://www.stlouis-mo.gov/government/d ... ce-bureau/
Looks like they're getting ready to move on this project now that their sibling across the street is beginning to wrap up... 5539 is on the preliminary Pres Review agenda, Looks like they upped the unit count from 117 to 149 as well.
STLrainbow wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:55 pm
Looks like they're getting ready to move on this project now that their sibling across the street is beginning to wrap up... 5539 is on the preliminary Pres Review agenda, Looks like they upped the unit count from 117 to 149 as well.
Slow burn on this one but good to see it happening.
Revised Plans for Debaliviere Place Construction Moving Forward

https://nextstl.com/2018/02/revised-pla ... g-forward/
I'm liking this new design a lot.
Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I would prefer if it were symmetrical - like The Barton.
This project is listed as five stories on the Preservation Board preliminary review docket. As opposed to the six story structure that was previously announced / shown in the renderings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk