Chroma Mixed-Use 4001 Chouteau

Renovations and new construction in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
First unread post184 posts
aprice wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:30 am
chriss752 wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:09 pm
That site deserves somehting better than a strip retail center but I'm not Greentstreet. Does the neighborhood have limits to stuff like this?
Has a strip mall been announced? I'm no overly familiar with FPSE's Form Based Code but it probably includes this land.
Also I though this was all Koman, not Greenstreet.
addxb2 wrote: - They own the U-haul wedge lot. Will be remodeling into more retail this winter.

EDIT: I was looking at the wrong land. I think the existing building could be saved. It would make for a cool restaurant / decent beer garden space. Of course, the big downside would be the traffic noise/pollution from that intersection.
From my conversation, the building will be maintained.
Also from my conversation, Chroma II will not resemble Chroma I.
addxb2 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:09 pm

From my conversation, the building will be maintained.
Also from my conversation, Chroma II will not resemble Chroma I.
Well then I hope it has some height to it and a design that is great despite it being off on Sarah Street.
Just to clarify, will phase 2 be on the remaining lot of phase 1 or across the street on a separate lot?
cardinalstl wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:03 pm
Just to clarify, will phase 2 be on the remaining lot of phase 1 or across the street on a separate lot?
On the current Phase 1 lot would be my guess...
A wood framed sign has been put up at the lot in my photo above. No rendering on it yet so I expect to see something this week.

A person who is familiar with the project, and follows me, sent me this to me the other night (Thursday) out of the blue...
Hi Chris,

I thought you would be interested in knowing that Koman is working on a Phase 2 of Chroma. Here's what I know from a meeting I had with the project team 5 months ago.
- Phase 2 will have brick on it and will be of a different vibe than Phase 1.
- This will be taller than the existing complex and will rival the height of 4101 Manchester.
- There will be retail on first floor with apartments above.
- Humphreys and Partners was tapped as the architect.

But please know that this is from 5 months ago so I'm not sure if the project's size has grown or shrunk or even if Humphrey's and Partners is the architecture firm anymore. I moved on to another job since then which is the reason for the outdated information.

Have a great evening!

- Kevin
Well, Kevin was wrong. The project sure has changed scope since he moved on. These posters would put up today advertising for it. Looks like a stumpy 1 or 2 floor building. And it's office space. But the angle of the silo is wrong in the background. Maybe they accidently put these posters up on this site instead of at Cortex K?
chriss752 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:59 pm
Well, Kevin was wrong. The project sure has changed scope since he moved on. These posters would put up today advertising for it. Looks like a stumpy 1 or 2 floor building. And it's office space. But the angle of the silo is wrong in the background. Maybe they accidently put these posters up on this site instead of at Cortex K?
Rendering looks like Sarah and Clayton intersection - Why don't you just send them an email
beer city wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:25 pm

Rendering looks like Sarah and Clayton intersection - Why don't you just send them an email
I did and they confirmed to me that this is the project, "30,000SF of office and some retail space". But they said the rendering looks wrong so they'll look into it. Seems interesting.
If it's really only 30K square feet that means it's only a 1-story building because that's how big that lot is...