The Piazza on West Pine

Renovations and new construction in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
Still more student housing coming to the SLU area? Speculation from the Neighborhood Development Blog:

http://nextstl.com/2014/09/another-new- ... west-pine/
This is old news, but here's a shot (from May 1) of the two apartment buildings that are being/have been demolished for this project. Hopefully there are more details and a rendering released shortly.

Image
From a Post-Dispatch article

Between this and the 4528 Olive project, the CWE continues to roll. It's impressive what's going on in the immediately surrounding neighborhoods as well (Debaliviere Place, Grove, Midtown, and Vandeventer). This construction cycle (at least for multifamily rental, which seems to dominate this cycle) continues to coalesce around two centers of gravity: CWE and Clayton, with CWE leading the way.
^ I really look forward to seeing how the population numbers turn out for the central corridor in the city with all that's going on.... it gained about 5,000 people last decade and that's with huge losses in some neighborhoods where I don't think is occurring any longer...

McRee Town, FPSE & Skinky-D lost a combined total of 2,000 people; Debalivere Place was static and even CWE only gained 300. Grand Center/Covenant Blu and Peabody Darst-Webb may not see as large of an increase as last decade but on the whole I wouldn't be surprised at all by a gain of 10,000 folks or more. (I assume downtown and downtown west will at least keep pace with the numerical gain of last decade but of course will have a smaller rate increase.)
Still no renderings? With the old buildings gone, the site looks much larger than I realized.
Also, with all of these mega student housing projects being built, I'm surprised more bars and restaurants aren't in the works. SLU may have a real off campus housing district for once outside of the Coronado and Lindell Towers. The foot traffic down West Pine will be huge.
^True, though the Cornerstone building won't be marketed primarily to students.
chaifetz10 wrote:
Also, with all of these mega student housing projects being built, I'm surprised more bars and restaurants aren't in the works. SLU may have a real off campus housing district for once outside of the Coronado and Lindell Towers. The foot traffic down West Pine will be huge.


A big question will be if Red Cross decides to do something with its sizeable property. I also really hope the Jarold building remains and gets a nice reuse; interestingly a permit had recently been applied and then cancelled for an animal boarding/care facility.
roger wyoming II wrote:
chaifetz10 wrote:
Also, with all of these mega student housing projects being built, I'm surprised more bars and restaurants aren't in the works. SLU may have a real off campus housing district for once outside of the Coronado and Lindell Towers. The foot traffic down West Pine will be huge.


A big question will be if Red Cross decides to do something with its sizeable property. I also really hope the Jarold building remains and gets a nice reuse; interestingly a permit had recently been applied and then cancelled for an animal boarding/care facility.


The property I'd REALLY like to see redeveloped is the storage facility at Laclede and Vandeventer. With all of the recent development around it, it's suddenly become a prime piece of real estate.
^ no doubt but I was referencing the foot traffic down W. Pine comment. As for Vandeventer, we'll also see what Cortex has in mind for the cleared NW corner at Forest Park Ave.
So it looks like they are getting ready to start digging for foundations - Does anyone know what this will look like? Odd that there is no rendering yet.
Perhaps this is the rendering?

Image

Google Streetview
^ I don't think so... I recall there was talk of a plan for the Jarrold property at the 3920 W. Pine address above but believe it fell through; so I don't know if that is an image of the past proposal or perhaps it is something new stirring there. The plan for 3933 W. Pine calls for 77 units. at least under the permit application, and I believe is a Cornerstone Development.
^Yep, 3920 would be the South side of the street, whereas 3933-3959 would be on the North side, where ACI used to be.
^/^^Exactly.

3920 had this old proposal floating around for a bit:
Image

Thanks for posting the new concept Arch City. I much prefer the new rendering, both from a density and design standpoint (although most of those windows need to be significantly bigger). Hopefully it's something new in the pipeline.

Still waiting for a more concrete announcement on the 3933-3959 (ACI Plastics) project. 77 units and getting ready to pour foundations is great, but what's it gonna look like?
^ finally found the rendering.... here ya go!

Image
roger wyoming II wrote:
^ finally found the rendering.... here ya go!

Image


:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Image
^ My bad. My tipster actually was being a trickster and sent me a pic of the Longaberger HQ. Sorry to get your hopes up. But you can trust me that this is what it'll be based upon:

Image

Tentatively called "Hundertwasserhaus II: Saint Louis Boogaloo"
My cousins real estate development company just finished these in Croatia...i want more of this kind of design here.

Image

Image


( he is a 35 year old retired former top 5 tennis player from Croatia and a huge STL fan and a Huge Cardinals fan :lol: )
^ Something like that would be cool for infill in Grand Center. Your cuz should have put in some kind of Cardinal motif, btw, and get people curious.
^^Ivan Ljubicic?
sirshankalot wrote:
^^Ivan Ljubicic?

:D yes probably the only pro tennis player to play tennis at carondelet Park tennis courts :lol:
roger wyoming II wrote:
^ Something like that would be cool for infill in Grand Center. Your cuz should have put in some kind of Cardinal motif, btw, and get people curious.


he had a Cardinals hat on during Wimbledon last week :) , he also coaching a guy in the top 10 currently.
Thanks for the clarification.

I saw "West Pine" on the rendering but didn't pay closer attention to the address numbers.

Either way, it seems like West Pine is in for a nice residential build-up.

Also, I'm on the fence with the SLU 3920 rendering. Not bad. Just average.
dbInSouthCity wrote:
sirshankalot wrote:
^^Ivan Ljubicic?

:D yes probably the only pro tennis player to play tennis at carondelet Park tennis courts :lol:


Not Carondelet, but I have been told Jimmy Connors use to play on the grass courts at TGP in the late 1960's - Arthur Ashe played in Forest Park - Dwight Davis too - The Flachs in the 80's - The city really has a great tennis past
beer city wrote:
dbInSouthCity wrote:
sirshankalot wrote:
^^Ivan Ljubicic?

:D yes probably the only pro tennis player to play tennis at carondelet Park tennis courts :lol:


Not Carondelet, but I have been told Jimmy Connors use to play on the grass courts at TGP in the late 1960's - Arthur Ashe played in Forest Park - Dwight Davis too - The Flachs in the 80's - The city really has a great tennis past


Guess we will know what it looks like soon enough