One Hundred - Kingshighway & West Pine

Renovations and new construction in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
First unread post336 posts
wabash wrote:Clock is ticking for the two lots closest to Kingshighway (the paved one with white lights and gravel/community garden one):

TICK TOCK! Developers better start unveiling something soon. A tease by a developer would help.
^Just to be clear, those lots in the photos are the ones where One Hundred is going - already unveiled.
^Whoops. I thought you meant the neighboring lots. Sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
urban_dilettante wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:39 am
^ still not buying it. i'm hearing that floors 37, 38, and 39 will have cloaking technology.
I've been telling everybody I know its 100 floors I mean that's the name of it for goodness sakes but nobody believes me.
They already have a marker on Google Maps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
^Hotel?? The 3 missing floors are going to be a hotel... that is it..
^ a cloaked hotel.
STLrainbow wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:30 pm
urban_dilettante wrote:
^ still not buying it. i'm hearing that floors 37, 38, and 39 will have cloaking technology.
I've been telling everybody I know its 100 floors I mean that's the name of it for goodness sakes but nobody believes me.
Can't wait to see what they build at 200 Kingshighway!
shadrach wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:24 pm
STLrainbow wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:30 pm
urban_dilettante wrote:
Can't wait to see what they build at 200 Kingshighway!
It'll be twice 100, but half of it will be underground. ;-)
Utility trenches have been dug into both streets bordering the lot. 2 excavators on site. Does anyone know if there is supposed to be underground parking or if it is all above ground in the podium? As it stands I would guess very minimal excavation as the utilities appear to be coming in very shallow.
Yawn. I won’t be to interested until a whole lot of things start to happen. Most importantly, the foundations being made. This corner will look really different in a year.
I know, you all want the cranegasm
quincunx wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:30 pm
I know, you all want the cranegasm
Damn right! The more cranes the better!
I see, multiple cranegasms, demanding!
Park Central @ParkCentralSTL

Construction of One Hundred, the 385’ residential apartment tower at 100 North Kingshighway has commenced. There will be a ceremony at 1pm on 2/27, complete with a time capsul not to be opened until 2118!

huh... well that's a new rendering and something bad seems to have happened to the base... is that just wire mesh wrapped around the parking podium?
Where the HELL did all of the Stainless Steel go?!?! I know people want more glass but Christ, now it looks meh. Even as stated above, the garage even got some cheap treatment with a mesh. Sad! ALSO there are only 7 Terraces instead of the original 9. The top two sections have 5 floors each while the bottom has the original 4. WTH. My OCD is going nuts now. I know I sound like a NIMBY and that I should be grateful but this is bugging me. They better have some more renderings of this from other angles so that we and I can know what this will look like in its current design.
Well yeah there's some significant differences there.

Major downgrade - Podium.

I actually like the new rendering of the tower portion better, but am very confused as to the changing of the terracing. Why would you remove outdoor space from the upper floors? Those would presumably rent for much more and they removed a full floor of balconies. Odd.

HUGE speculation, maybe the design was changed to remove some of the faceting from the East/West faces and move to all windows and faceting added to the N/S sides of the tower due to the expectation of a tower going up directly to the North on the Koman property? Increase views from the E/W to sell units and mitigate the views into the building from a new one next door? (100% speculation)
newstl2020 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:02 pm
HUGE speculation, maybe the design was changed to remove some of the faceting from the East/West faces and move to all windows and faceting added to the N/S sides of the tower due to the expectation of a tower going up directly to the North on the Koman property? Increase views from the E/W to sell units and mitigate the views into the building from a new one next door? (100% speculation)
I don't think I understand what you mean. Looking at the Renderings, I don't notice anything different about the look and layout of the Southside (and I assume, Northside) windows. On a note form my earlier rant or concern, the new design is starting to grow on me. The design also makes the tower look taller. The only thing I am still bugged by is the terrace layout.
^In the absence of any other renderings I was just making a guess on structural elements being moved towards the N/S sides to allow for 100% window coverage on the E/W facing sides. Once again complete speculation on my part. Maybe they know something we don't.

On the other hand, maybe they just decided to go with a more modern design as opposed to the original art-deco inspired version. Extremely probable.

And I agree, I think the new version does make it look taller as well, but that could certainly just be this specific rendering. The lack of art on this one is crazy, there's usually tons of renderings available for most projects at this stage.
^ I am willing to bet that there will be more renderings and things at the Groundbreaking event on Tuesday. Also, a website for the project already launched, so I would assume more things would pop up on the website after the event. There is also a cool time capsule thing where you can leave a note for the people of 2118.

https://liveat100.com/
newstl2020 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:48 pm
On the other hand, maybe they just decided to go with a more modern design as opposed to the original art-deco inspired version. Extremely probable.
I still get the Art Deco vibe from this because of the angles and roof line.