The Euclid - 32 N Euclid

Renovations and new construction in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
First unread post219 posts
^Really excited for Shake Shack to get operating. It is very difficult to navigate this stretch via car (on purpose, and I like it) so foot traffic should really continue to increase.

Shot in the dark, but does anyone have any info on leasing activity for this building?
jshank83 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:23 am
Sounds like shake shack will be open before Christmas according to WUMCRC
I was at Whole Foods today, and checked out the progress. The Shack's interiors are almost finished, with fixtures installed etc. Looks good.
According to Post Dispatch, Shake Shack opening on Dec 11th. Looking forward to re-activating this part of the streetscape!
Signage is up. Building is coming together quickly.

I guess we can assume Shake Shack will have sidewalk seating?
^I wonder if the outdoor dining will be in the upstairs loggia, but I'm not sure if part of Shake Shack's space. Certainly looks like a great spot to eat a burger.
^I don't think they showed that in every rendering, but this one showed an enclosed setup:

That would indeed be a great spot for a burger and some people watching.

newstl2020 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:07 pm
Signage is up. Building is coming together quickly.

How long until the McArthur Building site (to the left/east of this project) gets redeveloped?
This looks awesome. I am very excited to see what the CWE will look like in 10 years. These last 4 have been transformative.
debaliviere wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:30 am
How long until the McArthur Building site (to the left/east of this project) gets redeveloped?
I'm all for mid-century preservation but I don't think anyone would really miss this building. It's pretty bad all around: aesthetic, setback, height.
For how amazing the CWE is and is continuing to become, it always amazes me that the parking lots along Kingshighway/Lindell still exist and and lot at Euclid and FPP is still there. This entire area is screaming for more towers.

One Hundred will be a great start.
wabash wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:07 am
^I wonder if the outdoor dining will be in the upstairs loggia, but I'm not sure if part of Shake Shack's space. Certainly looks like a great spot to eat a burger.
Yeah, great spot, but I'm always on the look-out for dog-friendly places to eat. The Moonrise allows dogs on their rooftop, but usually you're limited to sidewalks.
I was glad to see employees being trained this evening at Shake Shack. Looks great! This block feels very urban and dense with 6 floor buildings on all four corners! Image
^It looked like they had customers in there today, perhaps a soft opening of sorts. Signs on the doors said "training in progress".

Definitely no 2nd floor seating or balcony, though. That would have been cool.
Apart from the obscured corner windows ( which I am still hoping is not a permanent feature), I love this.
Again, Yaay form-based code.
I enjoyed a visit to the Shake Shack today. Busy, but that is to be expected. I also wrote a review.

https://www.buildingstlnews.com/the-blo ... l-west-end
May have just been me but I severely underestimated how popular Shake Shack was going to be. The line was still out the door and down the length (width?) of the building along West Pine at lunch today.
As for tight parking, there is a public parking garage under/behind 9 North Euclid which is half a block to the south.
Drove by Shake Shack to get to Five Guys...