The Euclid - 32 N Euclid

Renovations and new construction in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
First unread post216 posts
^Will of course have to wait for the finished project, but the streetwall on this one is shaping up to be fantastic. IMHO it is looking like this will be a model for development in regards to street interaction.
Top'd out

I really love this new intersection.
The new restaurant space across Euclid has some big, funky, swing-up windows along West Pine. Presumably, this will be a nice sidewalk seating area, highly interactive with the street.
How's it lookin'?
^ Still a ways to go on completion... my guess is the retailers possibly could open by end of year if things really start moving but I'd be shocked if the upper floors open by then.
^Huh. Definitely expected it to be a bit further along.
Huh, I'm surprised to see the dark brick work being extended up to the third floor. The rendering showed a switch to the lighter/brown material at this point.

Construction is crawling along but I do appreciate the more than usual attention to brick details.
imran wrote: Construction is crawling along but I do appreciate the more than usual attention to brick details.
Agreed!
Construction update 11-2-17

Can you post smaller pictures? Thanks
^File size or literal size? Looking at them on my desktop they appear to be the same size as the rest of the pictures in the various threads.
My browser doesn't scale them to fit in the window so they are displayed huge at their resolution requiring horizontal scrolling. I see that Chrome does that, so I guess it's a personal problem.
^All good, I did post them at max resolution so I could scale that back but it appears to work fine in chrome.

The detail on the brick-work is very refreshing to see. The end of the building facing FPP does have the Citizens Park vibe continuing through it. I personally enjoy the building's North facade (facing the Whole Foods) much more than the FPP side. Can't have everything, however.
newstl2020 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:02 pm
^All good, I did post them at max resolution so I could scale that back but it appears to work fine in chrome.

The detail on the brick-work is very refreshing to see. The end of the building facing FPP does have the Citizens Park vibe continuing through it. I personally enjoy the building's North facade (facing the Whole Foods) much more than the FPP side. Can't have everything, however.
Will FPP side remain yellow?
^I can't tell from the renderings as the final product appears to have changed from the renderings in this thread, but it certainly appears to be permanent.
I like it. But if it stays they need to rename this building The Pittsburgh.
From what I can tell, this building has the best ground floor design of all recent construction offerings. Lots of glass, windows and doors. Will make for a very active sidewalk. Well done 👍🏽
Upon closer inspection, the sides will not be staying yellow, but will be painted a dark grey/black that is a little darker than the brick used on floors 3-6. I believe this current rendering from the project's website is an accurate depiction of what's being built:

There will be black paint used on the top floor along most of the western (Euclid) elevation, toward the back of the northern (West Pine) elevation, and for all of the yellow visible in the southern (alley) elevation (in the previously posted photo). The yellow in the balconies will be painted white.

Whether you wanted the yellow to stay or not I think one thing is for sure: This project is turning out much better than any of the initial renderings. The beige/brown brick (not even red brick!) that was originally proposed, was drab and boring and the detailing seem to be overly boxy and simplistic. The final product isn't anything earth shattering, but I think the stark grey/white contrast, brick detailing, and retail glass facades are going to be a significant improvement over what was previously depicted:
Care of Wash U Medical Center Redevelopment Corp.
wabash wrote:
Care of Wash U Medical Center Redevelopment Corp.
Courtesy of?
Sounds like shake shack will be open before Christmas according to WUMCRC