One Hundred - Kingshighway & West Pine

Renovations and new construction in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
First unread post252 posts
Anyone want to share the news about this tower in forums like KCRag, urbanDesMoines and maybe even Indy and Nashville forums-if there's a place to share out of town talk? I think this a really awesome development that we should really boast about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chalupas54 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:23 pm
Anyone want to share the news about this tower in forums like KCRag, urbanDesMoines and maybe even Indy and Nashville forums-if there's a place to share out of town talk? I think this a really awesome development that we should really boast about.

Do we really want to taunt them? They would be jealous.
Chalupas54 wrote:

I don't really see the need to go into other cities forums to talk about our stuff. I wouldn't want them coming into this one and doing the same.
jshank83 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:41 pm
Chalupas54 wrote:

I don't really see the need to go into other cities forums to talk about our stuff. I wouldn't want them coming into this one and doing the same.
Valid point. The reason I said this was more to combat the image of decline in the St. Louis region. St. Louis bashing is quite rampant on KC and Indianapolis forums.

On the other hand, I do think this is a very cool development that could be shared- in a non-bragging way.
Chalupas54 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:55 am
jshank83 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:41 pm
Chalupas54 wrote:

Valid point. The reason I said this was more to combat the image of decline in the St. Louis region. St. Louis bashing is quite rampant on KC and Indianapolis forums.

On the other hand, I do think this is a very cool development that could be shared- in a non-bragging way.
The way I think about it is, if they want to bash STL in their forums to feel better about themselves, that is fine. I have better things to do than worry about what KC or Indy is doing. If they want to go out of their way to bash us then they probably are jealous of us for one reason or another. Bashing us makes takes them away from whatever is going on in their town and makes them feel better.

I agree about letting people know about this but there are probably better way than to go into some other cities forum to do it. That will just start a fight and because they have no interest in letting STL feel better about themselves.
^ What jshank said. There's no reason to post it in other cities' forums. And if they're jealous it'll just manifest in more bashing. People that read city-specific forums like this one often frequent sites with broader focus like Skyscraperpage, and there is plenty of info about this tower and other STL developments over there. Just let them go there or come here to find out about what's happening in STL.
Bashing other cities and bragging about developments seems so juvenile. Spare us the embarrassment and leave them to it. On the other hand I'll be helping to update this project thread and the Centene tower thread on here and on SSP.
Yeah, I know that Moorlander and Arch City give regular STL updates on boards such as SSP; that seems good enough to me.

Unless, of course, those individual city boards have a "way to go St. Louis" section. Then let 'em have it!
moorlander wrote:Bashing other cities and bragging about developments seems so juvenile. Spare us the embarrassment and leave them to it. On the other hand I'll be helping to update this project thread and the Centene tower thread on here and on SSP.
I’ll also share photos, but not as often
Theres definitely a proliferate bashing of St.Louis from locals enough the least we need is further bashing from the likes of KC Chicago Minneapolis etc to inform us on far St.Louis city has fallen and how the region isn't growing. I rather us keep our secrets to ourselves that way they can further believe that theres nothing happening here. In the meantime i wish this was replacing the awful Keiner garages or one of the many parking lots in Downtown either way this is probably the most exciting development in the city perhaps the region alongside Centene.
So is this sucker breaking ground this month or what?
stlgasm wrote:So is this sucker breaking ground this month or what?
I thought it breaks ground in November
^Oh you're probably right. Initially I heard October. Cars are still parked on the lot so I was just curious.
stlgasm wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:44 am
^Oh you're probably right. Initially I heard October. Cars are still parked on the lot so I was just curious.
There are notices in the Parc Frontenac elevators about the clearing the parking lot. Specifically about clearing the northeastern corner of the One Hundred footprint first (what will be the platform garage, not under the tower itself). I was surprised they aren't just clearing the entire site right off the bat.
aprice wrote:
stlgasm wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:44 am
There are notices in the Parc Frontenac elevators about the clearing the parking lot. Specifically about clearing the northeastern corner of the One Hundred footprint first (what will be the platform garage, not under the tower itself). I was surprised they aren't just clearing the entire site right off the bat.
The garage will be under the Tower too if Renderings are correct. But, I agree with you, they should just clear off the whole lot.
Did we ever figure out what the final height will be for this tower?

Wiki lists it at 40 stores 410 feet.
^The jury is still out on whether it is 36 or 39 stories.
Chalupas54 wrote:Did we ever figure out what the final height will be for this tower?

Wiki lists it at 40 stores 410 feet.
I don’t trust Wikipedia because anyone can add information. Is this even cited?
That whole "Tallest under construction, approved, and proposed" section of the Tallest Buildings in St. Louis" page was clearly made by some overzealous urbanist St. Louisan. It has One Hundred as 40 and BPV Tower as 30, which are wrong (the citation that is provided has One Hundred at 36 stories and 385 feet). Then as far as I know the "Foundry Towers" (which have no citation) are just entirely imaginary.

Frustrating when people compromise wiki's accuracy with their own agenda.
wabash wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:26 am
That whole "Tallest under construction, approved, and proposed" section of the Tallest Buildings in St. Louis" page was clearly made by some overzealous urbanist St. Louisan. It has One Hundred as 40 and BPV Tower as 30, which are wrong (the citation that is provided has One Hundred at 36 stories and 385 feet). Then as far as I know the "Foundry Towers" (which have no citation) are just entirely imaginary.

the most recent press has One Hundred as 39 stories.
moorlander wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:30 am
wabash wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:26 am

the most recent press has One Hundred as 39 stories.
I changed it to 39 floors, 385 feet. Its probably taller since the 385 feet corresponded to 36 floors.
Interesting. I bumped it up from 36 to 39 some months ago. I also removed the McGowan 1000' fantasy.
I think the "39" number came from a small, one-paragraph "correction" item the Post ran a few months ago. I've never seen it in any other report, and I'm not convinced it's legit. Until the developers themselves say otherwise, I'm sticking with 36.
Studio gang website says 36, 385 feet.

http://studiogang.com/project/one-hundred

Some additional renderings as well
dylank wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:40 pm
Studio gang website says 36, 385 feet.

http://studiogang.com/project/one-hundred

Some additional renderings as well
Aaaand this thread is officially going in circles. Architecture websites are marketing material for an architecture firm. They get updated sporadically and are not reliable for up-to-date information.