Woodward Lofts - 1519 Tower Grove Avenue

Renovations and new construction in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.

Daylight that began spilling across a St. Louis factory floor 90 years ago may soon fill loft apartments designed for spaces where printing machines once roared.

Conversion as housing is planned for the Woodward & Tiernan Printing Co. building at 1519 Tower Grove Avenue. Pier Property Group, a new St. Louis real estate company, hopes to complete its purchase of the 250,000-square-foot building in March and begin its renovation as 160 loft-style apartments. The first units could be ready for residents in late spring 2018.

Read more at the source.

-RBB
Finally! I do hope they do something more interesting than painting the side though. The back half looks like they're making changes to the outside. When is the Vandeventer intersection due to be redone? It needs to be shrunk and improve the pedestrian access.
Need to extend that street wall along tower grove with some retail opportunity. Obscure the darn parking lot.
http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/ ... 4629c.html

164-unit loft project on Vandeventer moves ahead

Developers are moving ahead with plans to turn an old factory at the intersection of Vandeventer and Tower Grove avenues into a 164-unit apartment building.

Pier Property Group (PPG) closed on the $5.1 million purchase of the building at 1519 Tower Grove Avenue last month, and construction on the $40 million Woodward Lofts development should start by the end of September.

This is the one with rail lines passing just feet from the building. Developers claimed they'd be using proper materials to muffle the trains rumbling by. Sounded like they were up to the challenge. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.
Is this location really ready for $1300 per month one-bedroom apartments?

Additional renders at NextSTL:

https://nextstl.com/2017/09/woodward-lo ... grove-ave/
framer wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:18 pm

Additional renders at NextSTL:

https://nextstl.com/2017/09/woodward-lo ... grove-ave/
Have you seen what the UIC houses go for?
^Yeah, but those are houses, not one-bedroom apartments. And I just don't have a good feeling about this location right next to busy railroad tracks.

Guess we'll see.
^ well, if it doesn't lease at $1300/mo they'll lower the price. either way we get a great rehab out of it.
urban_dilettante wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:14 pm
^ well, if it doesn't lease at $1300/mo they'll lower the price. either way we get a great rehab out of it.
Exactly. And while the developer losing money on the project would be a slight setback to interest in the area, perhaps, the momentum that would come from filling this building with tenants would probably restore that interest pretty quickly, even if the price points have to be adjusted.

With that said, I don't think $1300 is too far off for high quality units in the Grove.
hearing rumors that this isnt the only building going up in the area, something with 100+ units may be going around Papin and Boyle area.
framer wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:18 pm
I'd rather live next to tracks than a highway like they are at Aventura.
A rail nut like me would set alarms as a reminder to checkout the Texas Eagle each morning/evening.
You've got the BNSF and UP lines side by side there.

Yes, I like my beer and coffee with foam.
quincunx wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:39 pm
I'd rather live next to tracks than a highway like they are at Aventura.
I got used to living next to tracks in Springfield, MO. Was annoying for the first week. Never bothered me after that. I actually still enjoyed the novelty of it several months in.
Lived in Mansion House for two years, highway traffic woke me up before my alarm most mornings. And not in the "might as well get up and work out" kind of way. When MoDOT shut the highway down on weekends for Arch cap work, I was in heaven.
I looked at a house in Richmond Heights a block away from 64 in 2009. It was so quiet because the highway was closed. I also looked at a big house on Smiley right next to 44. So much noise. Felt so bad for the mid 80s couple trying to sell it. They said they could have been bought out when the highway was being built. Should have taken the offer.
^ and this is how highways erode neighborhoods.
Suburban Packaging just completed move-out about two weeks ago and this thing already is in full-blown rehab mode. I think it's going to be a big hit.

And just in general, I definitely have been seeing more pedestrians crossing Vandeventer in recent months; a result I think of more people and destinations in the area.