One Hundred - Kingshighway & West Pine

Renovations and new construction in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
First unread post161 posts
chaifetz10 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:53 am
Not necessarily. While test drilling is usually a good sign that a project is closer to breaking ground, I wouldn't assume it means it is imminent. If any issues are discovered then (as previously discussed above) the foundation may need to be reengineered.
I saw the core driller there 2 weeks ago - the samples get sent to a testing facility and reports are submitted to the engineers who will design the foundations - Its a good sign that things but it could be months between the time the test are submitted and drawings are ready for permit
What is a realistic start date then for construction? January 2018?
Could be before or little after jan. Im interested if this is sill going to be 385' or are they going to go a bit higher and beat out the Clayton apartment building as the tallest apartment building in the region
[quote=St.Louis1764 post_id=285858 time=1502460291 user_id=9670]
Could be before or little after jan. Im interested if this is sill going to be 385' or are they going to go a bit higher and beat out the Clayton apartment building as the tallest apartment building in the region
[/quote]

Height will be determined by economics and city approval. I would be shocked if the developers and financiers are considering the height of other towers.
Also, city approval shouldn't be a big factor since the form-based code already has this as an unlimited height lot. So, definitely economics are leading the charge. I can't imagine why the developers would care if its tallest residential building in the region or not - they've already got an attention grabber in the design.
Any updates on this? I can't wait to see the tower cranes go up for this and the BPV Phase II Project!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

When I walked by the LCRA board meeting earlier this afternoon I overheard that they intend to start construction in the 4th quarter of 2017.
I'm even more excited about this tower than the one in Ballpark Village; it's just gonna look so awesome from within Forest Park!
^ this tower will look especially amazing from 40 and 44 between Hampton and Kingshighway eastbound. I often picture how it will look when I travel that way. It would also be very cool if they light it up at night.
They mentioned it on the news tonight. Talked about giving out incentives on projects like this one. They did say it is up to the BOA to approve at this point. It sounded like that was the last hurdle.
Very excited for this project. I bet this large of a tower will need two tower cranes.