Centene Corporation HQ's

Discuss new retail, dining, business and residential projects within the City of Clayton, the center of St. Louis County government.
First unread post1243 posts
Bank of America is consolidating it's suburban offices into the new Centene Tower.

"In addition to our suburban colocation, the bank remains committed to downtown St. Louis and will continue to maintain its presence at 800 Market Street, as well."

https://www.stltoday.com/business/local ... 81723.html
Well, it's topped off! The top of the North face though has something funny going on. There are 6 panels on the top floor that are missing their tinting or are just different, and the top right panes above it are different than the rest as well, more clear. Hoping that is temporary as it looks odd. The glass panel to the left (east) of the 6 different ones also looks like it was installed upside-down based on how the tinting doesn't line up...

Hoping these links work...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/86052467@ ... ed-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/86052467@ ... ed-public/
tztag wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:55 pm
Well, it's topped off! The top of the North face though has something funny going on. There are 6 panels on the top floor that are missing their tinting or are just different, and the top right panes above it are different than the rest as well, more clear. Hoping that is temporary as it looks odd. The glass panel to the left (east) of the 6 different ones also looks like it was installed upside-down based on how the tinting doesn't line up...
I noticed all of this too today. I don't think it will stay that way. The odd coloring on the glass at the very top (and to the left of the odd glass) is the same on Hanley. May have been a design choice.

Looks like this one is officially in its final stages. Tower crane coming down as of this afternoon. Fingers crossed it goes up again for tower 3 as quickly as possible.
I know how everyone on here loves a good sky bridge.

^I actually do. They feel big city to me. Makes the company seem that much bigger that they have multiple buildings that require connecting.
I hate skybridges, but driving under this one the other day I thought the blue glass was actually kinda cool; it's got a nice sculptural quality about it.
This is an announcement from U. City posted to nextdoor.com. This event is happening on February 7, 2019.
Director of Communications Allison Bamberger, University City AGENCY
Tomorrow morning Clayco will be transporting a crane to the Centene project in Clayton through University City. The crane will arrive at Pershing-Hanley no earlier than 7:30 a.m. and pass through Pershing eastbound to Jackson and south on Jackson from there to complete the route out of University City. It will not return as its exit will be straight out through the City of Clayton. University City police are aware, and Clayco will be using flaggers along the route. Please plan your morning commute accordingly.
danke0 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:56 pm
This is an announcement from U. City posted to nextdoor.com. This event is happening on February 7, 2019.
Tomorrow morning Clayco will be transporting a crane to the Centene project in Clayton through University City. The crane will arrive at Pershing-Hanley no earlier than 7:30 a.m. and pass through Pershing eastbound to Jackson and south on Jackson from there to complete the route out of University City. It will not return as its exit will be straight out through the City of Clayton. University City police are aware, and Clayco will be using flaggers along the route. Please plan your morning commute accordingly.
I guess the return of the giant red crane is soon.
symphonicpoet wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:43 am
^I actually do. They feel big city to me. Makes the company seem that much bigger that they have multiple buildings that require connecting.
I don't mind them usually. The only thing I don't 100% get is why you do just one that low. Put it up higher so you don't have to go all the way down to basically street level to cross. Kind of defeats the purpose.
chriss752 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:23 pm
danke0 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:56 pm
I guess the return of the giant red crane is soon.
Sounds like it is just being used to lift some air handling units on top of Maryland School.
symphonicpoet wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:43 am
Or you are in Minneapolis-Saint Paul...
^ Or Kansas City. Outside of H&R Block and the municipal/county buildings (which have no skybridges) there are no single use towers in Downtown KC. Yet nearly every major office building here is connected by skybridges. When I worked at City Hall we used to walk damn near across Downtown just using skybridges.

Outside of hospitals, I'm not a fan either. Just takes people off the street and further isolates them.
I don't know why I neglected this project as much as I have since I live an equal distance away from this and BPV. Anyway, here are some photos today. I got up to the top floor of the Washington University garage and took some photos. It will be a nice place to take photos once the other buildings and auditorium begin on this end.

I'm not an architectural honk like some, but I find this building to be extremely boring and bland for a modern high rise. Driving down 40 it looks like a non-descript box with zero defining features.

Makes me appreciate at least the attempts to make the One Hundred building unique.
jbacott wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:30 am
I'm not an architectural honk like some, but I find this building to be extremely boring and bland for a modern high rise. Driving down 40 it looks like a non-descript box with zero defining features.

Makes me appreciate at least the attempts to make the One Hundred building unique.
It will have one interesting feature, the crown will be lit at night when completed. Plus, I think Centene is going for a uniform design rather than something eye-catching. After all, it is a corporate campus. The design also isn't messing with leasing numbers.

LEASING NUMBERS...
Only 2 floors of the 27 in the building have space left to be leased. the 26th Floor in its entirety (24,500SF) and the Southwest corner of Floor 22 (6,233 SF). Combined left to lease: 30,733SF.

TOTAL SQUARE FOOTAGE OF OFFICE IN BUILDING: 539,000SF of office space.
NO TENANT/VACANT: 30,733SF
LEASED: 508,267SF
VACANCY PERCENTAGE AND OCCUPANCY PERCENTAGE: 6% (vacant) to 94% (occupied)
You can see how the Centene Tower is just slightly taller than the Plaza in Clayton in this photo from the Zodiac room