Centene Corporation HQ's

Discuss new retail, dining, business and residential projects within the City of Clayton, the center of St. Louis County government.
First unread post996 posts

The topping off of the crane is going on. The American Flag makes it clear.

Author and owner of BuildingSTLNews.com
The Construction Forum St. Louis is asking for help locating and photographing constructions cranes in the area. They're seeking an overall count for the region.

http://www.constructforstl.org/forum-in ... nt-cranes/

I wonder if both cranes will go to the top. In some cases, projects like this start out with 2 cranes but by time it is over, only 1 remains.
chriss752 wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:07 pm
I wonder if both cranes will go to the top. In some cases, projects like this start out with 2 cranes but by time it is over, only 1 remains.
Only the new one will. It has the apparatus to add crane modules, the other does not.
This project will be skyline altering. Clayton will be even more visible from Downtown, going to be awesome.
^It will go from a medium sized speck to a slightly larger speck.
It looks like the parking garage has stairwells going in now or something similar. I didn't get a really good look at it.

What's that crazy yellow machine in the lower right of that photo?
framer wrote:What's that crazy yellow machine in the lower right of that photo?
I think it's the crane they used to build the other cranes.
moorlander wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:33 pm
framer wrote:What's that crazy yellow machine in the lower right of that photo?
I think it's the crane they used to build the other cranes.
I think moorlander has it right. Hydraulic crane with telescoping boom. The end is a lattice boom extension to get the extra reach, height. The tower crane components individually not heavy but you have to get them up in the air.

^ The foundations are coming along nicely.
Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post on, but I'm curious to know what will become of the former Vic Tanny building, tucked away just north of Forest Park Parkway at the very edge of downtown Clayton (well, I think it's technically U. City, but close enough). Seems like a ripe location for new development. I'm sure a highrise would be met with opposition given the single family homes adjacent to it, but surely a low-rise mixed use development would work well here. It's a stone'a throw from the Forsyth Metrolink station. The empty building is such a waste of prime real estate. Anyone have any insider info on this property?
Pretty sure that's part of WUSTL West Campus, no public plans for redevelopment.

NextSTL about the Famous-Barr building has a blurb in there about the other stuff WUSTL owns there
https://nextstl.com/2017/03/1-7m-fitnes ... mous-barr/

I stuck my phone through the fence. The whole doesn’t look deep enough for a garage

And then the photo below is where the Auditorium section is going.

There's no garage in that building. Hence the depth.
wabash wrote:There's no garage in that building. Hence the depth.
Oh. I must’ve gotten confused with the previous plan for a garage in the building.