212 South Meramec (formerly The Crossing)

Discuss new retail, dining, business and residential projects within the City of Clayton, the center of St. Louis County government.
First unread post345 posts
Downtown won't be seeing anything soon in new construction besides BPV. My good friend, Jim Moseby, is a real estate stalwart (he's doing the Centene deal)....Both residential and commercial snoop around downtown all the time and come away with little interest. Dominant reason: security.
^ Agree that BPV will be the only new residential construction for a while which I think is fine even though I like the idea of Drury's tower floated for landing.

I also tend to be believe that the whole security issue is also becoming a convenient/political distraction. The biggest reason is the amount of space to fill out Jeff Arms, Railway and Chemical to lesser extent that can be done on a much cheaper unit price while new construction will require a price/rent point that will be tough to find enough demand between Clayton, CWE and Downtown at same time.

A lot of affordable units can be added downtown and should be while Scottrade upgrades, MLS stadium and CVC upgrades need a find a way to happen in order to continue the healthy downtown hotel room occupancy & projects going forward that are taking up the slack from Millenium closing
You have shootings in downtown monthly. There is reason why our 2nd largest skyscraper is empty. We need to face up to this schitt instead of being pie-in-the-sky.
Please talk about downtown in a thread about downtown.
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood....

Here's how she looks from Shaw Park.

EDIT pictures from HDA Architects Facebook page.
There's not much to walk to in that part of Clayton. Let's hope the retail options are decent. The low-class Courthouse expansion across the street really kills the intersection too.
Randy wrote:There's not much to walk to in that part of Clayton. Let's hope the retail options are decent. The low-class Courthouse expansion across the street really kills the intersection too.
I'd hope the old Mad Tomato space would fill in quickly.
Oh that's cool. You got inside the building! To bad it isn't Floor to ceiling windows but hey, it looks like the apartments will be a good place to live!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
^no those pictures came from the HDA Architects Facebook page.
Does anyone know what the ceiling heights are?

They look a bit on the lower side, but with all the light and windows mitigating that. Basically I'm wondering if this is a decent proxy for what the One Hundred in the CWE would feel like (albeit with full floor-to-ceiling windows).
Judging by that kitchen, I'd say those are 9' ceilings. The image of the corner windows is deceiving. I'm guessing it was taken at that angle to show a better view of the park. As for nearby destinations, Rearn Thai (actually very good) CJ Muggs, Morton's, whoever is currently at the base of Clayton On The Park, and all of Shaw Park, MetroLink. Not too bad IMO.
[quote=aprice post_id=280086 time=1488222969 user_id=12275]
Judging by that kitchen, I'd say those are 9' ceilings. The image of the corner windows is deceiving. I'm guessing it was taken at that angle to show a better view of the park. As for nearby destinations, Rearn Thai (actually very good) CJ Muggs, Morton's, whoever is currently at the base of Clayton On The Park, and all of Shaw Park, MetroLink. Not too bad IMO.
[/quote]

The restaurant in Clayton on the park is Parigi.

I second Rearn Thai. My wife and I frequent there.

A half mile walk also gets you to Straubs, Post Office, World News, Pastaria, JR Cigar, STL Bread, City Crepes, Craft Beer Cellar, and whole bunch more.
Pretty much everything in Downtown Clayton is walking distance.
Agreed. This building is close to just about everything. DT Clayton's pretty small. If you're in it, you're close to all of it.
wabash wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:47 pm
Agreed. This building is close to just about everything. DT Clayton's pretty small. If you're in it, you're close to all of it.
yeah, i mean i live in university city and consider downtown clayton walking distance.
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time" -

Steven Wright

Looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They've been trying different grey paints on the East elevation of the building. Will be interesting to see how it turns out. While I'm usually not a fan of painting concrete, I'm not really of fan of how the building currently looks.