Preston Bradshaw Building Restoration

What's happening in our built environment.
A developer is restoring a Preston Bradshaw designed highrise in Downtown West (architect = Chase Park Plaza, Paul Brown Building). The building has windows on all 4 sides and 10-12 foot ceilings and will be completely renovated. Gershman Commercial is marketing the property.
What's the address? Does the building have a name?
Per the Preston Bradshaw Wikipedia page it seems that it would have to be the Drake Plaza building at 3307 Olive... is that still considered Downtown West? All the others are either not in DTW, aren't high-rises, have already been renovated, or are currently occupied.
^ Drake Plaza is in Grand Center... looks like he did the Ford Building in Downtown West, but as you say that was renovated not too long ago and is now known as the PD George. Look forward to hearing more on what building is being referenced.
Photo:

^ Drake Plaza Building at 3307 Olive.
That's a gorgeous old Midtown landmark. Look forward to seeing more activity in and around it.
Hold on... we don't know that it is the Drake Plaza building. Let's not automatically assume that it is. In fact, Drake is still listed on the Kohner Properties site and isn't listed on the Gershman Properties site. I believe Pattimagee simply was posting a photo of the Drake because Urban_dilettante mentioned it in his Wikipedia search, not because this is in fact the confirmed location.
symphonicpoet wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:58 pm
That's a gorgeous old Midtown landmark. Look forward to seeing more activity in and around it.
Had some friends live there this last year. As far as I could tell the apartments were pretty much full. Also the barber shop/other little retail spots around there were active. The old Dante's/Club Lit is still empty and not sure what's going on with the massive Plush space. But it's got good activity during the day.

Maybe a renovation could spark some more investment but I'd rather see other spots get redone first before Drake Plaza, cheap apartments in the CWE/SLU area are still needed.
chaifetz10 wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:23 am
Hold on... we don't know that it is the Drake Plaza building. Let's not automatically assume that it is. In fact, Drake is still listed on the Kohner Properties site and isn't listed on the Gershman Properties site. I believe Pattimagee simply was posting a photo of the Drake because Urban_dilettante mentioned it in his Wikipedia search, not because this is in fact the confirmed location.
^ yeah, this. let's not jump the gun.
Fair. Sorry. Didn't realize it was presently occupied. I recall it being vacant when I worked for Grand Center many years back, but a lot has changed since then. (Some obvious. Some more subtle. Most all for the better.)
It's definitely occupied by (mainly) SLU students, including the pink building behind it. Heck, I lived in the pink building back in 2009-2010.

That said, the Drake Plaza and pink building (all part of the same apartment complex) could be a great target for renovation and redevelopment someday, especially if the parking lot is removed and turned back into a street or even open pedestrian plaza. This really would be a great SLU student housing project with open commons in between. But for now, Kohner still owns it and is making pretty good $ off of it as is.