NW Corner of Lindell and Kingshighway - What was there?

What's happening in our built environment.
Hello! Ever since I moved back I have wondered what, if anything, was on the Northwest corner Lindell and Kingshighway. There is a house facing Kingshighway (5015 Lindell, built 1890) that is set way back and is the only one facing East, making me wonder if it was a carriage house for something larger fronting Kingshighway, or perhaps it was there before the lots we drawn to face Lindell as part of Westmoreland place. Anyone know?
Hmmm...Seems like I've seen a pic of that corner, but I can't find anything. I'll keep looking.

In the meantime, here's the old Bixby House, which used to be on the northeast corner, where the Chase is now:

Another shot of the Bixby House:

And here's a shot which just misses the northwest corner (taken from the roof of the Chase):

And one of my favorites: Easter Sunday in Forest Park. Looking towards the northwest corner, but you can't quite see what's hidden behind the trees:

Incidentally, the site in question was originally referred to as #1 Forest Park Terrace.
I don't think that corner was ever developed - with a single family home or otherwise.
framer wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:15 pm

And one of my favorites: Easter Sunday in Forest Park. Looking towards the northwest corner, but you can't quite see what's hidden behind the trees:

Could you imagine forgetting where you parked? Uhh...I had the black Model A....
framer, that Easter shot is incredible find!
Great shots, thanks for posting!
This link will take you to image #105 of Compton and Dry's famous Pictorial St. Louis, published in 1875. You can zoom in and click-and-drag your way around the drawing. It clearly shows farmland Northwest of Kingshighway and Lindell, with a modest house on Kingshighway about at Maryland.

Keep in mind, this was 1875. I don't know what may have come later.

This is the Library of Congress website. You can check out the entire map, and you could spend hours exploring it.

https://www.loc.gov/resource/g4164sm.gp ... 49,0.686,0
I found an answer in the old Sanborn fire maps. The house there now was a carriage house for #2 Westmoreland place, which owned 4 lots on that corner. No sign of anything there before in any maps I have found.

http://cdm16795.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ ... 4/rec/6286