St. Louis in the National Media

St. Louis references in the news. Oh yeah, don't forget our favorite "Top Lists."
First unread post1453 posts
First, the WSJ leans conservative. The WSJ rarely writes positive pieces on St. Louis.

On top of that, considering the number of new apartments under construction, renovation and planned - nope - St. Louis is not losing population. Perhaps - as usual - it is growing slower than the national average - but not losing.

Keep in mind that millennials prefer renting and St. Louis consistently ranks as a top city for millennials in a number of measurements. That said, new multi-million dollar subdivisions are planned all across the region. Definitely not a sign a dwindling population.

There may be some population shifting - as usual - but not any losses.

Write Shaydi Raice ([email protected]) at the WSJ.

Ask her what sources she used in order to determine "The St. Louis region is losing population......."

She could come back and say, "I meant to say St. Louis City or St. Louis County" or both. If that's the case, they don't represent the entire region.
arch city wrote:First, the WSJ leans conservative. The WSJ rarely writes positive pieces on St. Louis.

On top of that, considering the number of new apartments under construction, renovation and planned - nope - St. Louis is not losing population. Perhaps - as usual - it is growing slower than the national average - but not losing.

Keep in mind that millennials prefer renting and St. Louis consistently ranks as a top city for millennials in a number of measurements. That said, new multi-million dollar subdivisions are planned all across the region. Definitely not a sign a dwindling population.

There may be some population shifting - as usual - but not any losses.

Write Shaydi Raice ([email protected]) at the WSJ.

Ask her what sources she used in order to determine "The St. Louis region is losing population......."

She could come back and say, "I meant to say St. Louis City or St. Louis County" or both. If that's the case, they don't represent the entire region.

^^ THIS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
US Census Bureau site numbers.

https://factfinder.census.gov/faces/tab ... l?src=bkmk

St. Louis, MO-IL Metro Area

2010 2,790,092
2011 2,793,811
2012 2,796,903
2013 2,800,154
2014 2,804,862
2015 2,808,330
2016 2,807,002