Dice: St. Louis is the fastest-growing city for tech jobs

The thriving technology scene covering startups, incubators, investors, etc.
Positive news from a top tech job site today concerning St. Louis.

http://media.dice.com/report/march-2013 ... redefined/
They list the top 10 metros at the bottom and STL isn't on there. Wonder how they rank. Good news though, thanks for posting.
Well the top 10 at the bottom are cities with the highest number of tech jobs. In this case St. Louis is named for it's growth rate. Many startups are coming to St. Louis, and hopefully we continue to grow.
I get that. What I am curious about is whether STL is ranked at 11 and is showing 25% growth or if it is ranked so far down that 25% growth is actually insignificant on a national scale.
I am not sure if Dice keeps a larger list or not. I took a quick look, but didn't see it (at work at the moment so don't have much time dig at the moment). Honestly though I would doubt St. Louis is even top 20 as far as total tech jobs, but we are showing good growth.

Here was the 2012 numbers where St. Louis had similar growth to this year.

http://media.dice.com/report/fastest-gr ... logy-jobs/
Dice is measuring job postings, not total tech employment. Our region ranks in the mid-20s for total tech jobs, having between 50- and 60, 000 jobs in that sector. But the indusry here is growing in part due to its connection to the financial services sector.
And STL is the 18th largest Metro by population, so that's about what we might expect.
I really am hopeful about St. Louis transitioning into a 21st century economy, but I'm not to optimistic about our potential on a state level. Missouri has to be one of the number one hindrance to growth and progress in St. Louis. There is really no economic vision for the state, education is underfunded, the infrastructure is obsolete, and the politics are from 1850. Its just amazing how states like Utah and North Carolina can somehow push progressive agendas in their urban areas, Salt Lake City with their progressive light rail plan, and North Carolina's research triangle etc. Missouri just seems to be so anti-urban, I don't know how St. Louis is ever going to truly compete on a national scale, much less global.
flipz wrote:
I get that. What I am curious about is whether STL is ranked at 11 and is showing 25% growth or if it is ranked so far down that 25% growth is actually insignificant on a national scale.

As point of reference for those top five growth sites, here's the number of postings on Dice.com today: stl 912, cha 1547, aus 1118, phx 1381, det 1201.