CORTEX: St. Louis' Life Sciences and Technology District

The thriving technology scene covering startups, incubators, investors, etc.
flipflopju

Re: CORTEX: St. Louis' Life Sciences and Technology District

Unread post by flipflopju » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:24 pm

Progress without a garage is absolutely impossible per the conversations I've had. I know they did soil samples in November/December for that site and now they are doing them in the lot due east of @4240, the one connected to the building. I think they had some unexpected results from the first test and are looking into a possible garage location change, though they may still move forward with the original location if they can firm up finances.

It bothers me a bit that they keep delaying builds based on "money" but are apparently receiving overflowing interest in all properties and getting TIFs too. The garage was a planned 2016 project 2 years ago and now we can't be sure it'll be done before the Metrolink station. Why can't they seem to finance these projects?

STLrainbow

Re: CORTEX: St. Louis' Life Sciences and Technology District

Unread post by STLrainbow » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:18 pm

Looks like Microsoft will be announcing it is the latest to move to downtown Detroit from the burbs... I guess we'll hear pretty soon if Microsoft indeed is the anchor tenant for the new Cortex office building but it would be awesome if they actually were going downtown like in Detroit and another firm was the Cortex. Regardless, breaking ground can't happen soon enough.